On line Hi-Fi stuff buying.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Well, since they only sell bricks and mortar, I guess I would buy bricks and mortar.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Actually, I don't think there are any limits for what people purchase on line. Why, some people even purchase their wives on line.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
There is a heavy re-stocking fee.

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Well, since they only sell bricks and mortar, I guess I would buy bricks and mortar.

Mark, was that really necessary?:(

Odyno, your question is a good one and I hope you will get other more appropriate answers.

Personally, I tend to acquire gear from brick and mortar dealers IF they give me the service that I want and have the piece in question that I am seeking. For online, I will buy gear that is unavailable locally and I will also acquire software online ( vinyl, CD's etc).:)

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Lighten up Davey, it was a joke. Where’s your sense of humor? I buy most everything on line because I have no local dealers. People’s reputations/feedback mean everything to me when it comes time to pull the trigger.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I prefer to buy gear from local B&M's, as being able to get something serviced quickly is important, should the need arise. Also, I'm a huge proponant of supporting my community and always have been. Luckily for me, we still have a good dozen hi-end audio dealers in town, so I have a number of options. The same goes for media purchases, although I do buy some content online.

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
well, since they only sell bricks and mortar, i guess i would buy bricks and mortar.

Mep you are one of a kind :D

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Do brick and mortar have different cartridge and tonearm on demo in your area?

In my area yes. There are probably around 6 dealers that still do a strong business in analog, with the others graviting more and more into HT installs.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing