Nikon D5100 pictures

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Here are a couple of pictures I took of a Woodpecker in my backyard on our feeders with my D5100 and the 300mm lens:

DSC_0046.jpg DSC_0042.jpg

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
I like that one, think I'll use it as a desktop for a while. I currently have a baby South American flycatcher.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
My wife and I spend crazy money every week feeding birds. It sounds like a jungle in my backyard. The birds love us and they know where to come to get premium food. I just ordered the stereo microphone for my D5100 and sometime soon I will record the sounds from my backyard. I will also make some recordings from my stereo. :)

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
Awesome pic ! Did you use the auto settings or manual? I have a D300s, sometimes i get fantastic shots...sometimes I just get frustrated...

mep

Apr 20, 2010
I still have the training wheels on so this was shot in automatic mode. I typically always take terrible photographs and I finally wanted to own a camera that was good enough that I couldn't blame it as the cause of the crappy pictures. I think I'm out of excuses now.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Here is a picture of a cardinal I shot today:

DSC_0072.jpg

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Are you into vintage cameras?

Nope. Vintage cameras take vintage knowledge to operate them and I'm just learning to use the D5100. You could take my knowledge of how to operate a camera and fit it in a thimble and still have some room left.

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
Nope. Vintage cameras take vintage knowledge to operate them and I'm just learning to use the D5100. You could take my knowledge of how to operate a camera and fit it in a thimble and still have some room left.

Fair enough. Me neither. I do have a rather sought after camera that I have gotten many offers on but up until now had no interest in selling. My father bought it in the 60's. But just like my music, I am all digital (except for reel to reel:cool:)

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Nice pics , I have a D 3000 with a 70/300 lens , i took it last year spring .
But i am longing for a good camera with HD video function and sound off course , the mics that are on the market are pretty cool .
Only downside with these mirror reflex cameras i read (and tried in the shop), is that they dont have good automatic zoom ,but anyway great for sharp steady shots

DSC_0388 by andromeda61, on Flickr .

Last edited:

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Nice picture. I love the fuzz on the birds. The D5100 will make HD movies. I just ordered the stereo microphone and hope to try it out soon.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing