New WAMM details

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
The pricing is just so obviously wrong.

$1,000,000 or they just can't be any good.

David has lost the plot. What is an extra $200,000 at that level?

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Interesting that A. Cordesman switched out his Alexias for S7s.

Last edited:

cannata

Jan 30, 2014
Italy
Careful, someone for whom 800k is pocket change might be reading this. Or maybe his agent is.
I doubt that, people who buy these big systems would typically not be concerned with such details. That is why most of these systems are sold sight unseen.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I doubt that, people who buy these big systems would typically not be concerned with such details. That is why most of these systems are sold sight unseen.

I wasn't being serious. Hence the reference to his agent, as he might have one guy employed to surf forums to find him the right speakers

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Bob- your dealer disclaimer doesn't seem to work on all posts.

Thank you.

Thx Keith, I just looked at all of the settings and I can't find where you can select to always show your signature???

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio

Of the three Goldmund Apologue systems that I sold this year, two have been installed and one is being installed in late October, none of the three purchasers had heard the Apologue System prior to purchasing. They were all previous Goldmund customers and bought it just because they wanted it. They also order new Ferraris, Lambos or Bentley new models or buy race horses without having seen them first as well.

The two clients that have now been installed are totally enthralled and listen and enjoy their Apologues for hours every day. It's just a different mind set. These customers have a LOT going on in their lives, they don't dwell on purchasing decisions, they are too busy making money with their businesses of enjoying their other hobbies or their families.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
A Porsche 918 is a techno marvel that no car under 100k can compare with. We shall see what the WAMM holds.

On what do you base that assertion? The Tesla is less than that ... Talking about techno Marvel...

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
On what do you base that assertion? The Tesla is less than that ... Talking about techno Marvel...

Tesla isn't really a performance car, so I wouldn't even compare the two. It would be like talking high end monitors vs. WAMM. Totally different markets/ideas.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing