New Tesla Model S Now the Quickest Production Car in the World

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
Been driving an S now for over a month. Best car I have ever driven. My wife gets the S. I now drive the E350. The S blows it out of the water,

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Been driving an S now for over a month. Best car I have ever driven. My wife gets the S. I now drive the E350. The S blows it out of the water,

which engine did you get Joe

adyc

VIP/Donor
Jan 5, 2013
I owned Model S for over a year. It is the best car I have ever driven. You can never get the instant torque from ICE car. It is not perfect. It is not a track car but this is the best car of overtaking in highway because of the instant torque.

Will never consider ICE car. Before Model S, I owned Porsche Panamera. No comparison. To be honest, Panamera gave me much more problems than Model S. Fuel pump failed twice while I was driving.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
A few days ago I was driving home from lecturing and I saw a bright red P100D stopped at a red light. Each time the light turned green, the car sped off and I followed because I wanted to get a good look at the car. After being stopped at a few red lights behind the Tesla, I was finally able to get side by side with it and was deeply staring at the car. What I finally noticed was a cute brunette driving it and gave me one quick stare back, probably thinking I was stalking her. When the light turned green again, she took off at "ludicrous" speed into the distance and that was the last I saw of it.

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
I never knew they made an all wheel drive

Enjoy the ride Joe. It's a great car

believe they all are AWD now. the 75 RWD was just announced to be discontinued. bummer as us SoCal folks have little use for AWD :)

they also don't use genuine leather anymore as part of their eco thing. i didn't realize that.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
believe they all are AWD now. the 75 RWD was just announced to be discontinued. bummer as us SoCal folks have little use for AWD :)

they also don't use genuine leather anymore as part of their eco thing. i didn't realize that.

The launch with AWD is much better than RWD

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
A few days ago I was driving home from lecturing and I saw a bright red P100D stopped at a red light. Each time the light turned green, the car sped off and I followed because I wanted to get a good look at the car. After being stopped at a few red lights behind the Tesla, I was finally able to get side by side with it and was deeply staring at the car. What I finally noticed was a cute brunette driving it and gave me one quick stare back, probably thinking I was stalking her. When the light turned green again, she took off at "ludicrous" speed into the distance and that was the last I saw of it.

I've just read that earlier this morning; they seem to have good acceleration them Tesla cars?

_____

Bonus:

http://driving.ca/tesla/model-s
http://2017newcarsforme.com/2018-tesla-model-s-redesign-price/
http://cardissection.com/2018-tesla-model-s-redesign-range/

_____

Extra:

_____

They do; have excellent acceleration.

Last edited:

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
The launch with AWD is much better than RWD

yeah, but at the expense of handling and weight. neither is Tesla's strength .

0-60 times, which is Tesla's marketing point, don't particularly impress me anymore - i mean, a 2018 Mustang GT can do that now under 4 seconds for 35k.

That said, I like the Model S a lot - its quite the looker. My bigger issues with Tesla are QC and reliability.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
yeah, but at the expense of handling and weight. neither is Tesla's strength .

0-60 times, which is Tesla's marketing point, don't particularly impress me anymore - i mean, a 2018 Mustang GT can do that now under 4 seconds for 35k.

That said, I like the Model S a lot - its quite the looker. My bigger issues with Tesla are QC and reliability.

For my money and reliability and style and guts I too prefer the Mustang. The Tesla is cool because you can have your hands (and eyes) free (like your passenger(s). And for cute babes (impressing them), the Bugatti. You can always park it @ the end of the field, on the edge of the forest...

Electric, hybrid or global warming? ...Cool warming; a mix of sun and rain...just the perfect balance for the gardens and flowers.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
The big question is: Are we going to live longer?
The cost of electric cars versus fuel cars that we all pay (taxes, tra-la-la...); which is the one that would save more lives and make us breathe healthier and longer?

And, right now are there more important priorities, because Tesla or Camry or Mustang GT or Bugatti/Ferrari they don't mean much if the USA is no more in few years from the surface of the globe: North Korea could cross ICBM threshold next year
Yes, no?

$85,000 to $110,000 USD is a lot of money for an electric/self-driving car. A Toyota Camry is much more affordable. And they have the Japanese reliability, one of the best in the business, among Lexus. The price of gas will come down eventually, it is inescapable. And 40-50 miles to the gallon is here, and more.

Sure, the babes are more impressed by the Tesla's acceleration and hands-free compared to the Camry, but the Tesla is no match for a Ferrari or Bugatti.
And fast acceleration means nothing when there's a car in front of you or a cop across the street. And the Tesla doesn't go on tough logging roads where the views from up there are the best. And she ain't flying either.

Stay tuned; next are reliability and safety issues, with videos to support articles...

Last edited:

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
The 3 starts at $35,000. Japanese reliability? All car makers produce cars with issues. As for speed, the Tesla goes as high as 155 mph. This is meaningless to me as I would never, ever approach that. However, the quickness and instant acceleration is very important, especially on roads like the Pa and NJ Turnpikes, where you never know what will happen ahead of you. It has come in handy already for me,

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
The 3 starts at $35,000. Japanese reliability? All car makers produce cars with issues. As for speed, the Tesla goes as high as 155 mph. This is meaningless to me as I would never, ever approach that. However, the quickness and instant acceleration is very important, especially on roads like the Pa and NJ Turnpikes, where you never know what will happen ahead of you. It has come in handy already for me,

agreed. Did a quick test drive at a work event with the P100 with the double engine. Lightning quick. Scary as speed fines in CH can bankrupt you and you easily get to 35km over the speed limit in a flash. No thank you!

Last edited:

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
The launch on the Tesla is MUCH better than the launch of the Kingda Ka at Six Flags.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing