New Zellaton Reference Ultra series

ashandger

Jun 14, 2013
The info below just showed up on my Facebook page

Rhapsody - Zen & the art of fine audio

2h ·

EXCLUSIVE WORLD PREMIERE
December 8 & 9 - 3 sessions
ZELLATON launches their newest speaker worldwide first here in Overlangel. And they don't do that for nothing.
Zellaton sets the ultimate standard in speaker design with this new total concept. For ten years, this design was worked and fine-tuned, until the designers of Zellaton really had something that would surprise the audience with its subtle and excellent music experience.
Yes, they are definitely precious and not for everyone. But come experience it at our shows, we'd say.
Powered by :> CH PRECISION > SCHNERZINGER > PINK FAUN > MSB > HSE & DÖHMANN.
Are you interested? Make a reservation and come along.
BOOK VIA: https://rhapsody.nl/aanmelden-zellaton-reference-ultra.../

1701032861110.png

Reactions: abeidrov

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Does this Ultra line replace all Classics from now on?

Reactions: Ron Resnick

redandgold

Jun 3, 2018
Had a new talk with Michael Schwab, the company co-owner of Zellaton. He gave me a introduction into his design philosophy and efforts to get his level of performance.
He told me they plan to keep both lines parallel a while. But possible after some time classic line will go because driver surface of this new line is clear better. Like shark skin there are less micro turbulences.

gleeds

Industry Expert
May 29, 2018
And here are pictures of the new Ultra Reference from Rhapsody's launch this past weekend.

Enjoy

Gideon Schwartz
www.audioartsnyc.com

Author of
HiFi: The History of High End Audio Design &
REVOLUTION: The History of Turntable Design
PHAIDON publications.

View attachment 121584

View attachment 121585

View attachment 121586
The new line is stunning, Gideon. Congratulations to all.
The company is really moving forward with this latest incarnation of their driver technology. Better yet, in the Plural series Zellaton's are available to a wider audience. Now that I have the Evo's and love them I can't wait to hear the Emotions and new Ultra reference series. Happy New Year!

PS What is the US retail for the pictured speakers (free cake included)?

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Had a new talk with Michael Schwab, the company co-owner of Zellaton. He gave me a introduction into his design philosophy and efforts to get his level of performance.
He told me they plan to keep both lines parallel a while. But possible after some time classic line will go because driver surface of this new line is clear better. Like shark skin there are less micro turbulences.
Thank you...good to know.

redandgold

Jun 3, 2018
I don’t remember exactly, I guess the Ultra Reference is around 220-230 k€. Like my Estelon Extreme Mk.2, which is 269 k$ in the US.

Probably they will be presented at Munich HE.

ashandger

Jun 14, 2013
The new Reference Ultra is €235 in EU in standard finishes. The version shown at Rhapsody in Netherlands was a special edition at additional cost....no idea how much extra though and whether that included the cake!!!

Pokey77

Feb 16, 2022
The new Reference Ultra is €235 in EU in standard finishes. The version shown at Rhapsody in Netherlands was a special edition at additional cost....no idea how much extra though and whether that included the cake!!!
No cake is a deal breaker!

Audioarts

Industry Expert
Nov 22, 2023
New York City
Is there other news /info about them ?
They don't even appear on the official website
Thank you for asking. We are currently transitioning to the new Ultra line along with preparing new media. The Zellaton and Audioartsnyc sites will update once it’s all ready. Since the Rhapsody Netherlands launch, orders for the new line have already commenced and I promise to let you know once our sites have all the information.

Gideon Schwartz
www.audioartsnyc.com

Author of
HiFi: The History of High End Audio Design &
REVOLUTION: The History of Turntable Design
PHAIDON publications.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing