New Rockport Loudspeaker: Lynx

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
IMG_3402.jpeg

I’m pleasantly surprised they pulled it of for Munich. I’m sure it will be awesome. Do you know the pricing ?

Reactions: ricjor1
It appears that the Rockport Lynx and new Magico S5 2024 are priced similarly. I know the Magico is debuting at Munich HighEnd 2024, is the same true of the Rockport Lynx?

I’m pleasantly surprised they pulled it of for Munich. I’m sure it will be awesome. Do you know the pricing ?
I read ~ $79,000.00 USD

So this replaces the Cygnus?

So this replaces the Cygnus?
Yeah, I just got a call from Casey at ne plus ultra, since I had shown some interest in the Cygnus a few weeks back when I went over there to demo the Lyra and hear the Atria II again after hearing them at the AXPONA. He was pretty sure it was going to be replaced soon, and yep, the Lynx is it.

Size and drivers looks like a step down from the Cygnus, but the cabinet is way better, though I would like more details on the damstif3, since it says its just a single piece of aluminum, I wonder if there's a cavity that gets filled with the goo? but technicalities will probably take a step up cause of the cabinet, so depending on priorities its probably an improvement.

Jon did a quick interview and went into some more detail about the chassis. I was curious since they were saying it was a single piece of cast aluminum what they were doing. But in the video you can see that inside it has lots of ribs like the Lyra/orion do on the outside of the inside casting, they then coat the inside and those ribs with the proprietary damping compound.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing