New Reel to Reel Software Sources from UHA

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I know the ATR-102 sounds great. I heard it playing several tapes with the most memorable being the Louis Armstrong "St. James Infirmary."

And oh, did I mention that the ATR-102 does 30 ips and can handle 14" reels? The Louis Armstrong tape was a 30 ips tape on a 14" reel. That was the first time and only time that I have seen a 14" reel and heard a tape playing back at 30 ips.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
That was the first time and only time that I have seen a 14" reel and heard a tape playing back at 30 ips.

You're in for a real treat then. It only gets better! You need to hear 1/2" at 30ips on a Studer..... priceless!

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
You're in for a real treat then. It only gets better! You need to hear 1/2" at 30ips on a Studer..... priceless!

Allen Sides at CES I think plays some 1/2 inch/30 ips tapes.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
I'll have my 1/2" Studer at Newport and RMAF this year.

Unfortunately won't be able to make the Newport show :( Only so much time can get off work :(

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010
Excellent

Our A80RC that Ki did his magic on. Rene and I will both be there.

Are you showing with Jonathan?
I'm contemplating arriving with some 1/4" and 1/2" reels...
Would your repro chain include an ability to process Dolby A tapes?
Your A80RC can go 15/30 ips, right? So, in addition to the different headstacks/blocks -- would different cards be necessary :confused: I'm not conversant with the A80-series :eek:
Thanks.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Are you showing with Jonathan?
I'm contemplating arriving with some 1/4" and 1/2" reels...
Would your repro chain include an ability to process Dolby A tapes?
Your A80RC can go 15/30 ips, right? So, in addition to the different headstacks/blocks -- would different cards be necessary :confused: I'm not conversant with the A80-series :eek:
Thanks.

Jonathan will have some of our tapes. I think he uses his ATR-102 now.
I would need a Dolby A processor in the playback chain if needed.
Yes, our A80 will do 15/30ips. Ki did a complete rebuild of the cards. For another flavor, we can also use outboard pres.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing