New member from Norway

Anubis

Apr 27, 2016
Norway
Hi all.
Have been a passive reader for some time now. But Just joined as an active one.

Who am I. Well im 38 years old. Been into music since the age of 12.
Have had plaging music as a Job for many years. Worked as a DJ for some years. 15 or so before it was time to sette down..

Have had quite a few amps, speakers. CD players dacs the last 10 years.

Had a big Cinema 11.2 for 2 years, but im back to 2 channel audio now.

Had a year with no work, so i had quite some time to spare. Got myself into room Acoustic. Red almost everything i came across. And started to try out things for myself. Have my music room where WAF is nothing I have to think about.

$$$ is always something i must think of. But feel my system is deasent. So im always Trying to get the best from it in tearms of speaker placement, sweetspot placement and room acusics.

I listen to almost everything of music. But what i play most is rock, metal and blues.

My system is part hifi and part pro equipment.
I use 2 floorstand speakers and 2sub towers with 4x12 inch subs pr tower. The speaker had 4x7 inch woofers pr speaker.

I play music from a computer with Jriver mediacenter.

I use a dac from Exasound witch sends the sound to a Monacor crossover and dsp. Then from that to my Bryston mono power amps and my Crown subwoofer amplifier.

All in all very happy with The system. It plays music the way I like. Really big soundstage with good debth. Speakers and woofers completely dissapear and the music seems to come from the whole room and beond the walls.

So that is a litte about me.
Thanks for looking in

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Welcome aboard Anubis, its a great place to hang out, nice bit of kit you got there.

Anubis

Apr 27, 2016
Norway
Thanx.
Seems like a Nice place this. And i will have to challenge my english. Isn't too good...

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Hello Anubis and please allow me to offer you a very warm welcome to the What's Best Forum. Nice setup you have there.

Tom

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing