New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Wolves seemed to play much better without Gobert than with him

Wolves aren't as quick or determined this game as the previous two and Denver is just playing their style of game and lead 47-32

Reactions: christoph and jadis
Nuggets are hounding the ball handlers and doing some light full court press. A way to turn the tide over.

Denver back in control as they are just playing Denver ball as the Wolves are committing dumb fouls and missing shots and turning over the ball. Jamal Murray is certainly back in the groove tonight. Sir Charles won't be calling sweep if Denver continue to play their game unchallenged

Denver has taken the crowd completely out of the game

At the half Denver has big lead 56-41 and Murray has 18

I sort of expected these adjustments from Denver. Defending champs have been in the big arena many times. And yes, they are now playing their game. I was telling myself Aaron and Porter should be better after the first 2 losses.

The atmosphere in Indy at the Fieldhouse was absolutely electric tonight. I don't think anyone used their seats during the last five or six minutes, and the Pacers seemed to feed off the home crowd's energy. The more I've watched them this season, the more I'm convinced that they thrive on chaos. Sometimes that serves them well, but there are plenty of times when a good team just imposes their will on them and returns order to the universe.
Our seats are about 20 feet from the Pacers' bench and the team is just constantly slapping fives and joking and cheerleading. Carlisle encourages them when he thinks that's appropriate, and chews them out when he thinks they need it.
The bottom line is that the Pacers live or die according to whether they can overwhelm their opponents with mayhem. They're an endearing bunch, and appropriate heirs to Lance Stephenson.

nothing different about Denver tonight as they have settled in and are playing their game whereas Wolves are slow, missing everything and turning it over and committing dumb fouls

Nuggets leaf 72 -50 with 8 minutes left in the 3rd.

The game is in the refrigerator

Reactions: jadis
in case you missed it...Malone must have a special pass from the refs as he should have been tossed, yet Carlise questions a call by the ref and is tossed and fined $35000

• Angry
Now I see why Giannis was pissed that they let go of Malcolm and Donte.

I have mad love for Brunson. Sadly it's looking like Thibs is doing it again.I don't want to see this player suffer like Rose albeit their play style is very different. Rose's landings were always fundamentally flawed and unsound. Still Brunson's insane changes in direction are a recipe for foot, ankle and knee injuries if not afforded ample recovery. If Hart goes down too it will be Thib's fault and his alone IMO.

Much as I love my Pacers, that mayhem Zuman talks about looks like it comes from their hustling hard to make up for the players often being out of position. Throughout the season they have been improving in this regard and should be even better next year. So far, we can all agree that they have been extremely fortunate with the draw. Personally I'm just happy they made it into the 2nd round. If the Basketball gods see fit to let them return to the ECF they would have exceeded everybody's expectations.

I would have loved it if it was the CAVs vs NYC. Battle of the bowling balls, Mitchell vs Brunson.

Reactions: jadis
The atmosphere in Indy at the Fieldhouse was absolutely electric tonight. I don't think anyone used their seats during the last five or six minutes, and the Pacers seemed to feed off the home crowd's energy. The more I've watched them this season, the more I'm convinced that they thrive on chaos. Sometimes that serves them well, but there are plenty of times when a good team just imposes their will on them and returns order to the universe.
Our seats are about 20 feet from the Pacers' bench and the team is just constantly slapping fives and joking and cheerleading. Carlisle encourages them when he thinks that's appropriate, and chews them out when he thinks they need it.
The bottom line is that the Pacers live or die according to whether they can overwhelm their opponents with mayhem. They're an endearing bunch, and appropriate heirs to Lance Stephenson.
20 feet from the home bench ? I would have needed a portable ECG with me had I been there in Boston. No, I resolved never to be in live nailbiters on my team's games. :D

Halli is now cooking. I expected that to happen for them to win or stay close. That Nembhart shot electrified me and I'm not even a real Pacers fan. He wanted that stepback, with Brunson dashing it on him. Wow.

Reactions: steve williams
Now I see why Giannis was pissed that they let go of Malcolm and Donte.

I have mad love for Brunson. Sadly it's looking like Thibs is doing it again.I don't want to see this player suffer like Rose albeit their play style is very different. Rose's landings were always fundamentally flawed and unsound. Still Brunson's insane changes in direction are a recipe for foot, ankle and knee injuries if not afforded ample recovery. If Hart goes down too it will be Thib's fault and his alone IMO.

Much as I love my Pacers, that mayhem Zuman talks about looks like it comes from their hustling hard to make up for the players often being out of position. Throughout the season they have been improving in this regard and should be even better next year. So far, we can all agree that they have been extremely fortunate with the draw. Personally I'm just happy they made it into the 2nd round. If the Basketball gods see fit to let them return to the ECF they would have exceeded everybody's expectations.

I would have loved it if it was the CAVs vs NYC. Battle of the bowling balls, Mitchell vs Brunson.
I have seen some old regular season Cavs C's game. Their present matchups gives the C's fit. Dual PGs. Dual tall towers, and some unheralded stars who can kill you with their jobs. Boston plays an early blow out game, for the last few years. Unicorn was added to keep them up big even in the first half, but injuries called. Now they have the same lineup as last year plus coach, except for Smart became Holiday. :D FWIW, Stephen A proclaimed that IME Udoka is his coach to propel the Celtics to the banner. And he even said he believes that with Ime, Boston would have won the chip last year. I agree.

in case you missed it...Malone must have a special pass from the refs as he should have been tossed, yet Carlise questions a call by the ref and is tossed and fined $35000

You can't even predict what these refs do anymore. Very contrarian to common calls. Hell broke loose long ago when these refs allowed 4-8 steps traveling, carrying the ball and all sorts of Euro step bunny hop that became normal. For many times I had to pick up a ball and demo to my son what was vintage and authentic dribbling and what is traveling. One hilarious clip was a lady ref asking Luka, what foul after Luka claimed there was a foul. They both just smiled at each other. Next I know they'll be sending postcards too. :D

What is more evident to me now about the Celtics is that they have held big leads enroute to blowing out teams in the regular season. I have not seen them in nip and tuck games involving a few points lead and if are down early, they will be down at the end of the game. They are not used to pressure plays, hence nobody is a Brunson, Murray, and even Nembhard. When they have a big lead, 20 above, the bench comes in and without pressure, throws in more 3s to make it a 30 pt lead. When shots go in early, as I said it's contagious, everyone gets confident swishing the nets, it's like there is no set play. All 5 just keep shooting, and they have been the league's most 3 point takers up until today. They do not know crunchtime shooting much like a polar bear knows the hot spring bath. :D And this has really started even with Udoka. Game 1 Finals vs the Warriors, the C's rained it a ton of 3s to make Curry and Thompson plain shooters. It probably is a master design from the top brass. It's not they they have not heart to compete down the end. Their end games does not, or is not , designed for them to have heart.

Brown and White have made huge leaps this year Phil. I see the ball in the hands of either of these guys come crunch time. It seems to me that Tatum's handle still isn't where it should be and it's probably because he hasn't settled into his now final height quite yet. No predictions for me with regards to the East. Out West, I'm an under dog kind of guy so I am rooting for OKC.

Brown and White have made huge leaps this year Phil. I see the ball in the hands of either of these guys come crunch time. It seems to me that Tatum's handle still isn't where it should be and it's probably because he hasn't settled into his now final height quite yet. No predictions for me with regards to the East. Out West, I'm an under dog kind of guy so I am rooting for OKC.
Like you I call the underdogs my Cinderella teams. I love the Thunder as they are the youngest team in the league and finished first. They play with speed and finesse. Wolves were my other Cinderella team and after last night's loss, the thought of Sir Charles calling a sweep is over as Denver was back doing what they do best. Stilll this next game will be the biggest pivotal game of the series. Id love to see a Wolves Thunder WC final but Denver is always IMO the team to beet. If Wolves get by Denver I see them beating the Thunder in a WC final

In the EC my two Cinderella teams were Knicks and Pacers. Both are exciting to watch. To me the only team in the EC that I feel can go head to head with the Wolves is the Knicks as long as Brunsion is healthy

I still think the Knicks have the best chance to win the EC unless Celtics adjust the way they play. If not I like the Knicks-Wolves in the Finals as this would truly be a changing of the guard. Similarly if Thunder beat either the Wolves or Denver this would be even better as the Wolves have become a better team since the Gobert trade. FWIW I still don't know about the Cavs because of Mitchell. He is the Brunson of the Cavs team. This weekend's games should give better understanding of where the dust will settle.

All in all the playoffs to me have been the most exiting in years

Jack it is so good to see you back here as a regular especially since your Pacers team have become somewhat of a phenom this year. Knicks-Pacers series is end to end action with the winner never determined until the final play of the game. Knicks have Brunson and Pacers have Haliburton and both teams have a bunch of backup greats that can sink shots from anywhere. That series is never ending action. I think though that the Knicks are perhaps a few steps ahead of the Pacers but Pacers need to win the next game. Whatever happens the Knicks next year with their healthy starters back will be THE team in the EC IMO

Reactions: DLS
Glad to peek in more Stevie. I've been swamped at work as I am chairing an Ad Hoc Committee tasked with doing something not done before to my knowledge. I'm loving the challenge though :)

Glad to peek in more Stevie. I've been swamped at work as I am chairing an Ad Hoc Committee tasked with doing something not done before to my knowledge. I'm loving the challenge though :)
Good to hear that you remain so well involved in the affairs of your country.A better person to do the job doesn't exist IMO Jack.You make miracles happen. As always kudos to you and best regards to Margie. We would have loved to meet up with her in Tokyo last month but we were already in Kyoto by then

• Love
Reactions: JackD201
In the Green fan social media pages , each loss by the Celtics will bring out the bashers who have always complained about Tatum and Brown. That's because they lose very few games this season specifically and the arrival of the Unicorn upped the ante to bring in the banner even more. Well Jack, for me Tatum's mysterious dilemma is not about his height, lol. To me, it's about his placement in the lineup, a 3 who's used as a 4. I recall you said when Hayward arrived, it made his position redundant due to the drafting of Tatum. That's very true. Both of them are 3. But Boston has not found a true 4 and 5 to this day. Al was the 5 last year, and with Porzingis arrival, Al became a 6th man as Unicorn took the 5. They have no Aaron Gordon or Gobert so that Tatum will be playing more naturally at the 3 spot. I truly wonder why and how a Brunson can weave around anybody and throw in and make shots that much better than Tatum, who is now more known in his 6 years as a long bomb shooter, and missing perimeter pop shots . That's what boggles me.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing