es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
..as did Wayne Rogers...RIP

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Sad indeed. Just 65 years old??? Why do people in this business resort to drugs so readily?
Amir that's a very good question. Having been around many performers, I might submit that the answer perhaps lies in the fact that there is essentially no security whatsoever in the music industry, none. Add to the fact that people with music talent are in some ways fragile in their psyche and their self worth... and you may be getting an answer to your question. Very sad, but very common.

RIP Natalie Cole.

Last edited:

RayDunzl

Jun 26, 2014
Tampa
The Supplemental Security Income folks posted this handy actuarial table in 2011

https://www.ssa.gov/oact/STATS/table4c6.html

At age 64, she had a 0.009082 chance of dying in the next year, but did anyway.

When I first ran across this table, it surprised me that you don't reach a 50/50 chance of dying until you are 107 (male) or 109 (female) in the US.

Do you feel lucky?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing