Mytek Stereo192-DSD DAC

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
As stated earlier, it runs about $1500-1600 most places.

MSRP for the mastering ver. is $1695.00

As I stated in post #7, DSD128fs is where this thing really shines! Don't think Ki got JRiver working at this rate and switched. HQPlayer is working great for me and has alot of flexibility.

I tried Audirvana + on the MAC today and it worked flawlessly!

ted_b

Feb 4, 2011
Yes, DSD128 in J River sounds great too (ASIO).

Most of Michal's online pro vendors have it for $1500-1600 depending on pre or mastering.

If you don't care about hirez above 24/96 then A+ (on OSX) can be run direct mode and integer mode via USB 1.0 input...and sounds even better (for only those sample rates, of course).

AnakChan

May 16, 2012
Tokyo, Japan
Sorry I'm gonna be a noob about this but I thought the Mytek Stereo-192DSD DAC has been out for many months now. What's different about this (seeing the thread is less than a month old)? Am I missing something?

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I have to say the more I listen to the Mytek, the more impressed I am. It was nice to finally get Foobar lined out for playing DSD files and see ‘DSD’ light up on the Mytek. This is simply the best digital I have ever heard in my home.

And now for a general comment with regards to the DSD format. For those of you who have experience listening to DSD files, and in my case I’m strictly talking about 64fs, do you find the bass to be a tad ‘softer’ compared to RB and even 24/192?

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
---Me too I got a question (for the owners): the Mytek, does it improve "its" sound with time?
...You know, kind of burn-in for the better with extended used time ...

Last edited:

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
---Me too I got a question (for the owners): the Mytek, does it improve "its" sound with time?
...You know, king of burn-in for the better with extended used time ...

Yes, I've heard >500hr. for break-in. My unit never ceases to amaze me. It's really a joy to listen to.

ted_b

Feb 4, 2011
Yes, I've dodged the slings and arrows, but have stated in several review posts that it takes 500-700 hours for the Mytek to show its true colors. The good news, as Bruce intimates, is that it ain't a bad ride getting to that level either.

ted_b

Feb 4, 2011
Sorry I'm gonna be a noob about this but I thought the Mytek Stereo-192DSD DAC has been out for many months now. What's different about this (seeing the thread is less than a month old)? Am I missing something?

No, just that Bruce got the thing and got around to writing about it lately. I first mentioned it in my eval back in October of 2011. The brand new DoP was just being chatted about at RMAF, which is where I first met Michal Jurewicz, founder/designer.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
The Mytek deserves to be talked about for its sound quality and the features it brings to the table at its price. It's a damn fine DAC.

Ki Choi

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Seattle WA area
No, just that Bruce got the thing and got around to writing about it lately. I first mentioned it in my eval back in October of 2011. The brand new DoP was just being chatted about at RMAF, which is where I first met Michal Jurewicz, founder/designer.

for some of us who wanted to play pure DSD and not just ripped SACD ISO files over USB without conversion into PCM, timing of Mytek and DoP coming together fully operational in relatively recent months was the difference. To me, I heard of Mytek DSD DAC last year but thought it was another "me too" pro DAC that still needs pro workstation and devices with SDIF interface to play the raw DSD files.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
The Mytek deserves to be talked about for its sound quality and the features it brings to the table at its price. It's a damn fine DAC.

Wasn't it reviewed in Stereophile?

AnakChan

May 16, 2012
Tokyo, Japan

Thank you. For a moment, I thought a succeeding model was just released.

I'd agree with other comments here that there's not much talk about the Myteks especially in comparison to other DACs on the market. I've been particularly keen on comparisons with the Eximus DP1, Invicta, Zodiac Gold, and the HP-A8 (which I currently own now).

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
---Here's a thing to be awared of:

People listen to DACs (in vast general) for short periods of time, and make a listening judgement on their comparison attributes.

They have a glimpse of the true DAC(s) performance, based on their restricted time.
...Not the full picture.

Methinks.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
---Here's a thing to be awared of:

People listen to DACs (in vast general) for short periods of time, and make a listening judgement on their comparison attributes.

They have a glimpse of the true DAC(s) performance, based on their restricted time.
...Not the full picture.

Methinks.

I have no idea where you are going with this thought train.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
---Give it some time, you will. :b

No, that response isn't adequate. Explain what you mean when you say people listen to DACs for short periods of time. Where? Are you talking about at home or when in a stereo store? Aren't most purchasing decisions based on hearing a product via "restricted time" assuming you even had a chance to hear it before a purchasing decision was made?

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
No, that response isn't adequate. Explain what you mean when you say people listent to DACs for short periods of time. Where? Are you talking about at home or when in a stereo store? Aren't most purchasing decisions based on hearing a product via "restricted time" assuming you even had a chance to hear it before a purchasing decision was made?

-----Say what!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing