Audioseduction

Dec 6, 2010
FLORIDA
Just posted update details and photos.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Nice to see another MLO member here with a beautiful system! Nicely done!

Audioseduction

Dec 6, 2010
FLORIDA
Thank's ack. I know you'er enjoying listening to your dedicated 2CH reg also. Nothing like the ML sound.

Audioseduction

Dec 6, 2010
FLORIDA
Just posted image updates.

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Nice indeed...but curious to learn if the sound-stage was less compromised with the audio rack at one side of the room instead of placing all in the middle....

Audioseduction

Dec 6, 2010
FLORIDA
Nice indeed...but curious to learn if the sound-stage was less compromised with the audio rack at one side of the room instead of placing all in the middle....
Thanks! Not at all, infact it is better. Sound stage is more coherent, increased holographic and better imaging.

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Thanks! Not at all, infact it is better. Sound stage is more coherent, increased holographic and better imaging.

Good to know, I also have my equipment rack in the middle (a more modest one..) and thought of the contrary. Thanks!

Audioseduction

Dec 6, 2010
FLORIDA
System update photos. I have replaced the metal rack I had the amps on with a custom hardwood platform that I handcrafted from solid Leopardwood in my woodshop. It grows in South America, Chile, Brazil.

prerich

May 21, 2012
Excellent system - so you are coming TOSLINK out of your Asus to your Bel Canto?

Audioseduction

Dec 6, 2010
FLORIDA
Excellent system - so you are coming TOSLINK out of your Asus to your Bel Canto?

Thank you! The Asus is connected to the converter via USB, from the converter to the DAC it is the ST Glass Fiber and balanced interconnects from DAC to pre.

Audioseduction

Dec 6, 2010
FLORIDA
I've upgraded JRiver v19 to v20 about a month ago and find it has better SQ. Play back sounds more natural & smooth. Another words a more organic sound. How sweet it is! :D

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA
I've upgraded JRiver v19 to v20 about a month ago and find it has better SQ. Play back sounds more natural & smooth. Another words a more organic sound. How sweet it is! :D

So you suggest I violate the don't fix it if it ain't broken rule? There are no new features in the new version I would use. Does the upgrade automatically inherit all the setting of the version you are currently running?

Audioseduction

Dec 6, 2010
FLORIDA
So you suggest I violate the don't fix it if it ain't broken rule? There are no new features in the new version I would use. Does the upgrade automatically inherit all the setting of the version you are currently running?
Yes! It did for me on my music server and my HT server.

Audioseduction

Dec 6, 2010
FLORIDA
Just recently added 2 additional 20amp circuits and a Shunyata Research Hydra Triton power conditioner for the front end. Definite improvement for the SQ. Excellent power is vital for your system to perform it's best!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing