JL Audio Fathom F112 v2

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
How have you found them Shane?
Did you consider any other SW such as REL.

Going extremely well thanks. Certainly an improvement over the over achieving E110.
Adds obviously some bass weight. The sound staging, midrange transparency and overall ease of delivery have improved. Luving them and they really are probably not dialled in yet.

The F112's only have line level inputs so are feed from the 2nd set or preamp outs.
They do have auto EQ thou ( digital auto room optimisation), so you can choose what the auto eq selects or no eq.

Did I consider REL or anything else. I have had a REL Stentor 3 a while back and it was very good. However the little JL E110 I had did a better job. REL subs are exxy as well at the level I was looking at.
I did consider SVS sb16 ultra's, however a place that sold both said the SVS are not in the same league - I was set to listen to 2 x E110's at that shop as they said, they would be better than the SVS's for two channel music.

I stopped over at Audio Connection and by fluke they were moving on their demo twin F112v2's. at the price, easy decision.

20240305_150956.thumb.jpg.6715f778b4a108d59090a83e8aeb07a0.jpg

Last edited:

itay123

Mar 5, 2023
Congratulations, looks great.
At the time I was working with the MAXX2s and Karan electronics,
I didn't feel like I was lacking in the low end or needed extra boost,
however my Listening space is completely different from yours, and significantly smaller, I reckon,
the MAXX3s I have heard them several times, great!

BTW today I'm with physically significantly smaller speakers than the MAXX2's
and their lower range excites me more than ever, faster and panchier,
PILIUM's electronics bring out so much from them.

Enjoy mate, very impressive.

Reactions: XV-1

Down Under

Jun 26, 2014
Going extremely well thanks. Certainly an improvement over the over achieving E110.
Adds obviously some bass weight. The sound staging, midrange transparency and overall ease of delivery have improved. Luving them and they really are probably not dialled in yet.

The F112's only have line level inputs so are feed from the 2nd set or preamp outs.
They do have auto EQ thou ( digital auto room optimisation), so you can choose what the auto eq selects or no eq.

Did I consider REL or anything else. I have had a REL Stentor 3 a while back and it was very good. However the little JL E110 I had did a better job. REL subs are exxy as well at the level I was looking at.
I did consider SVS sb16 ultra's, however a place that sold both said the SVS are not in the same league - I was set to listen to 2 x E110's at that shop as they said, they would be better than the SVS's for two channel music.

I stopped over at Audio Connection and by fluke they were moving on their twin F112v2's. at the price, easy decision.

20240305_150956.thumb.jpg.6715f778b4a108d59090a83e8aeb07a0.jpg
See below-not sure how I did that .

Last edited:

Down Under

Jun 26, 2014
Thanks for your detailed answer.Sounds like you have got all the advantages of a good subwoofer already with more to come.
Guess I should talk to Janson…..

Reactions: XV-1

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing