My phone paid me $20 today!

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
As some of you know, I have a Motoroal Droidx phone. Sometime earlier, I installed the Amazon app on it. Today, I had to make a run to Home Depot to pick up a drill. Usually I would order it on Amazon and with free Prime shipping, get a nice deal. But today, I needed the drill and could not wait.

Still, I do a bit of comparison shopping and notice that the drill is $159 at Home Depot but my app showed Amazon price of $139. As we were shopping, I see a sign that says HD will price match anyone else's "advertised price." I thought that only meant a printed brochure. Still, as we were checking out, I pull out my phone and show the Amazon price to the cashier. She calls the head cashier and she asks how much the difference was. She says $20 and got instant approval and price match!!!

I paid $200 for the phone. It just paid me back 10% of it! I am going to try this at other retailers and see if it keeps working. For now, this is a great way to pick up things fast at HD assuming they will do this everywhere.

R2D2 couldn't have done better. Nice one Amir!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing