My new Artisan Fidelity Garrard 301 Statement

bgupton

Sep 23, 2014
San Francisco, CA
And some pics of the external power supply I had him veneer along with a little accessory box we wrapped. Both turned out amazing. I may veneer all my components one day. :)

2F3A2957 copy.jpg 2F3A2961 copy.jpg 2F3A3054 copy.jpg 2F3A3070 copy 2.jpg

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Record players will NEVER die. Tube amps make me go gooey. R2R brings a lump to my throat. But tt's just give me a warm fuzzy feeling all over. And there are more better, and esp beautiful ones than ever before. And this is right up there. This is giving me a rush, c.1975!

bgupton

Sep 23, 2014
San Francisco, CA
Record players will NEVER die. Tube amps make me go gooey. R2R brings a lump to my throat. But tt's just give me a warm fuzzy feeling all over. And there are more better, and esp beautiful ones than ever before. And this is right up there. This is giving me a rush, c.1975!

Yes, lots of beautiful turntables out there. I love to have a few AND (more importantly) the time to enjoy them all. :)

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015

bgupton

Sep 23, 2014
San Francisco, CA
Thanks Ked. Recommended retail price is the acronym.

Ah, we use MSRP in the States. Here's the listing he put up on Audiogon after completing my table. Keep in mind that I got every upgrade he offered and some he wasn't even offering (like the veneered external power supply). Plus, I went through a dealer who happened to be the same dealer who sold me my prior table and he allowed me to trade my current table back in, so I can't really give you the exact price. He also does much lower priced builds.

https://app.audiogon.com/listings/t...n-fidelity-2016-01-01-analog-46324-hammond-in

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Ah, we use MSRP in the States. Here's the listing he put up on Audiogon after completing my table. Keep in mind that I got every upgrade he offered and some he wasn't even offering (like the veneered external power supply). Plus, I went through a dealer who happened to be the same dealer who sold me my prior table and he allowed me to trade my current table back in, so I can't really give you the exact price. He also does much lower priced builds.

https://app.audiogon.com/listings/t...n-fidelity-2016-01-01-analog-46324-hammond-in

Beautiful machine. How is it sounding now?

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
I don't have it yet. The pics were taken by the builder. Hoping to have it this week, but we shall see.

Great - please send us a full report on the performance once in situ and piccies :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing