Music Videos - - The Greats!

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Have any of you listened to the very short three videos ^ above? ...Check only the first one, it's only two minutes...it won't take much of your time @ all.
Then you decide if you want to pursue furthermore...

(((•))) She is only 8-years old, and she started singing Jazz @ age one and a half (1.5-years old)! ...Watch the second video.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Great Music Videos... This is as definite as all the drops of water filling all our oceans and atmosphere.
Great for some younger folks is not exactly the same for some older folks. ...And between, there are 7.35 billion people living today on our planet.

_______

_______

Personally, looking @ these artist/performers, is like looking @ a world in deep peril from total annihilation/extinction. :D
I take it the right way, the fun way; because that's the only way really, in living @ the precipice between entertainment and the edge of everything else.
...Not for everyone. And still quite creative in its own peculiarity. :b ...It has some "raw" characters.

jasn

Apr 28, 2014

jasn

Apr 28, 2014

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!

I remember seeing that the first time. I don't know how well she did in the overall contest but if the primary purpose of music is to deliver a message, she scores a million out of a possible 100. Seductive, sensual, spectacular. I have never before seen anything quite like that performance. I loved watching that again. Thanks for posting.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Chuck, last night I was perusing @ some Van Morrison youtube videos. I came across this young lady, wow! She melted me all over; her entire aura, charisma, gestures, arms, hands, body language, emotional expressions of her face. She took over my soul! Her, and not the song and not her singing @ full steam per se. Her voice was like a fine cru aged right, but it's with the rest that it took more ampleur, higher proportion; viewing, seeing, in this case was more than just listening. And that's the power of images accompanying the sound, the voice.
When we're listening to music we have no pictures, just two loudspeakers and a music record playing, a tune from whatever source and in stereo.
But here the images speak volumes about LIVE. In the now, in the moment, in the here...absolute emotional power.

She didn't win. If you google her you can see more. But that one video just above is the total deal.
Nothing else from her compares to that one time shot video. It was total magic in that one instant.

I'm very glad you commented on it the way you did. Because that's exactly how I feel too, and I already re-watched it few times.
That performance brought everyone present in that hall together, and beyond, way beyond.

I hope more members here are going to click on it and take the time to watch her; they are in for a soul impact.
Trust me; click on that youtube video above, and watch it all; it's only 8:30 minutes long, but those minutes will last a long time.

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I'm with you; I like stereo music a la audiophile style (eg.; Blu-ray Audio -> Roger Waters - Amused to Death in QSound, and Jazz and Classical music, piano, violin, saxophone, trumpet, acoustic bass, drums, ...) but I also like music concert videos on Blu-ray (eg.; Blu-ray Video -> Roger Waters - The Wall, just recently released) in multichannel audio, with immersive sound and lights and moving images, musicians, etc.). ...Highly recommended both Roger Waters.

? Yesterday I posted this video in another thread; I'll post here again, where it also belongs:

I have always been a Van's fan, since very young and still today. I've never seen him live in person though, but my friend come from the same neighborhood as Van, and he jammed with him, but doesn't particularly like the 'man'. ...Between some artists conflicts do exist. But that doesn't change @ all for one bit my ardent appreciation for Van Morrison the artist/singer/poet/songwriter/musician. I float very nicely in Van's words, music, movements, mind, spirit, heart and soul.

RayDunzl

Jun 26, 2014
Tampa

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing