Munich HighEnd 2024

Seismion, a german company developing high-performance active vibration isolators, will display its latest products at the High-End in Munich in the following rooms:
- Atrium 4.2, F 213: as co-exhibitor with darTZeel
- Hall H 2, H 07 / J 11 as co-exhibitor with Extreme Audio

Our latest models of active vibration isolators will be used under various equipment like turntables, DAC's, amplifier and even loudspeakers!
Please come over to experience what a difference high-quality vibration isolation can make. We are looking forward to meet you there!

Beside that, the Thorens New Reference turntable, the result of a cooperation between Thorens and Seismion, will be shown at the Thorens booth
H 3, M06/N05/M06N05

Flyer front mod.jpg

Screenshot_20240503_095116_HIGH END.jpgScreenshot_20240503_094857_HIGH END.jpg

Last edited:
IMO, this was not a special sounding room at all.
If you are talking about the FM Acoustics presentation and sound in 2022 at hifideluxe I am surprised you found it lacking. The selection of music played was excellent and sound wise it was in my top 5. High marks for how to demonstrate your product in my opinion.

At the big show I would have to say the Wolf von Langa/ Precision Control/Airtight room impressed me quite a bit! How did you feel about that room?

Reactions: Audiohertz2
If you are talking about the FM Acoustics presentation and sound in 2022 at hifideluxe I am surprised you found it lacking. The selection of music played was excellent and sound wise it was in my top 5. High marks for how to demonstrate your product in my opinion.

At the big show I would have to say the Wolf von Langa/ Precision Control/Airtight room impressed me quite a bit! How did you feel about that room?
If you know what I find to sound natural then my opinion on the FM room is not surprising.

More surprising is how I have felt about WvL, Airtight etc over the years. On paper, it is something I would probably like but in practice I have never found that room satisfying. It always sounds too thin and lacking punch to the sound…despite people claiming great things for WvL speakers…I have yet to hear the magic.

Reactions: AudioHR

If you know what I find to sound natural then my opinion on the FM room is not surprising.

More surprising is how I have felt about WvL, Airtight etc over the years. On paper, it is something I would probably like but in practice I have never found that room satisfying. It always sounds too thin and lacking punch to the sound…despite people claiming great things for WvL speakers…I have yet to hear the magic.
We obviously perceive things differently . I think that is what makes this passion so interesting! It's not a competition, for most, lol, it's about exploring the possibilities and finding what works best for ones own situation and ear!

Looking forward to the Munich Show. It sounds like you will be there.

Does anyone know if the Living Voice Vox Olympian system will be at Munich? I'm still waiting to hear a full range horn system that moves me and I'm told this is one to hear, if indeed it will be there. Apparently, they do not demo their big system there consistently.

Does anyone know if the Living Voice Vox Olympian system will be at Munich? I'm still waiting to hear a full range horn system that moves me and I'm told this is one to hear, if indeed it will be there. Apparently, they do not demo their big system there consistently.
Living Voice will be showing the R80 loudspeakers, with SJS Arcadia amplifiers, Kuzma XL Air and Grand Prix Audio Monaco 3 turntables.

The Vox speakers can be demo'd by appointment in the UK

Aries Cerat will be there with there big horns…not to be missed!

I haven't heard the room so can't comment. I am confident based on your other preferences you'd love WVL in practice. Maybe not the right amp pairing for your taste? You could also ask them to dial the field coil current back a touch to easily reclaim some of that body and punch.

They're bringing the LONDON (2 way with their in-house dipole field coil fullrange) this year - even more to your taste, I suspect.

Reactions: the sound of Tao
Aries Cerat will be there with there big horns…not to be missed!
Hope there’ll be plenty of video evidencing :) an experience possibly worth the trip on its own.

I haven't heard the room so can't comment. I am confident based on your other preferences you'd love WVL in practice. Maybe not the right amp pairing for your taste? You could also ask them to dial the field coil current back a touch to easily reclaim some of that body and punch.

They're bringing the LONDON (2 way with their in-house dipole field coil fullrange) this year - even more to your taste, I suspect.
Another great candidate for videos hopefully.

Reactions: WLP3 and gestalt
My friend Sam Wisnewski of Destination Audio will be at Hi-Fi Deluxe with his wonderful Nika speaker and GM-70, fronted by Lampizator. For those who don't know, Sam's horn-based loudspeaker, the Nika, is his most affordable offering and offers full-range sound. This is Sam's first appearance in Munich and Destination will no doubt be making great sound!

My friend Sam Wisnewski of Destination Audio will be at Hi-Fi Deluxe with his wonderful Nika speaker and GM-70, fronted by Lampizator. For those who don't know, Sam's horn-based loudspeaker, the Nika, is his most affordable offering and offers full-range sound. This is Sam's first appearance in Munich and Destination will no doubt be making great sound!
That’d be another great setup to be able to hear, so much gear tease upcoming on the horizon at Munich… awesome!

Last edited:
Reactions: gleeds
If you , or any interested WBF members plan to attend the show, could you please provide your impressions & hi res video of these speakers?

They're bringing the LONDON (2 way with their in-house dipole field coil fullrange) this year
As WVL offer a nice compression driver, the WVL AD-2544 for a frequency range 800Hz and above, I am wondering why they don't use it in a two-way speaker. :cool:
Do you know why?
Thx

Last edited:
Thanks for your comment , yes magic sound/tone comes from AC quality.
yes Kevin Living Voice use huge battery/inverter system to fully isolate the AC from wall.
I have send many emails to some Manufactures like TAD, Vitus, CH Precision, Dartzeel, FM Acoustics and asked them to design a 30kva AC regenerator but non of them were interested to start this project.

I have listened to most of AC Filters, AC regenerators in this market but non of them were good.
if you remember Mark Levinson NO.32 has an built in AC regenerator (400hz instead of 50hz).

My TAD system gives me sexy gold tone when the AC is good but most of the time the AC quality in my room is awful
The Totaldac room will use a new power regenerator made by Totaldac, featuring a true low noise, 60dB lower than mains network in Totaldac demo room. https://www.totaldac.com/amp-1-generator-en.htm

The maximum Totaldac system will play, using exclusively Totaldac components, including the new d120 speakers.

So be welcome for a visit Atrium 4.1, room F123 (roughly between Nagra and Magico).

d120_front_1000.jpg

totaldac_system_munich2024_2.jpg

Reactions: Camus and Amir
Pilium Van with enough Pilium gear for the five rooms that it will be powering at Munich, on it's way from Athens, Greece to Munich.

I leave for Munich tomorrow. EXCITED! ESPECIALLY to hear the new Taiko Olympus that we will have in the Taiko/Pilium/Alsyvox/VYDA room.

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-05 at 18.10.32.jpeg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing