Munich HighEnd 2024

Pilium Van with enough Pilium gear for the five rooms that it will be powering at Munich, on it's way from Athens, Greece to Munich.

I leave for Munich tomorrow. EXCITED! ESPECIALLY to hear the new Taiko Olympus that we will have in the Taiko/Pilium/Alsyvox/VYDA room.

View attachment 130211
Probably around one Million dollars worth of treasure! I just hope no members of any European organized crime groups hang out on the WBF.... :) :) :)

The Totaldac room will use a new power regenerator made by Totaldac, featuring a true low noise, 60dB lower than mains network in Totaldac demo room. https://www.totaldac.com/amp-1-generator-en.htm

The maximum Totaldac system will play, using exclusively Totaldac components, including the new d120 speakers.

So be welcome for a visit Atrium 4.1, room F123 (roughly between Nagra and Magico).

View attachment 130205

View attachment 130207
Thank you very much
Very interesting idea from Totaldac

Aries Cerat will be there with there big horns…not to be missed!
I think I read somewhere, that Martion will show something new, even bigger than the Orgon :eek:

Does anyone know if the Living Voice Vox Olympian system will be at Munich? I'm still waiting to hear a full range horn system that moves me and I'm told this is one to hear, if indeed it will be there. Apparently, they do not demo their big system there consistently.
Not this year and also not last year but all the years before at least 6 times.

One year they even had two rooms, the "usual one" with Kondo and Vox Olympian with Elysium Subwoofers and another room with Vox Palladium driven by Engstrom and the "cheaper" Subwoofers.

Reactions: SCAudiophile
Not this year and also not last year but all the years before at least 6 times.

One year they even had two rooms, the "usual one" with Kondo and Vox Olympian with Elysium Subwoofers and another room with Vox Palladium driven by Engstrom and the "cheaper" Subwoofers.
I believe that was 2019, and both rooms were extremly good and impressive to my ears.

Reactions: christoph
Hope there’ll be plenty of video evidencing :) an experience possibly worth the trip on its own.
I'm very much looking forward to listening to that Contendo II system :eek:

Reactions: the sound of Tao
My friend Sam Wisnewski of Destination Audio will be at Hi-Fi Deluxe with his wonderful Nika speaker and GM-70, fronted by Lampizator. For those who don't know, Sam's horn-based loudspeaker, the Nika, is his most affordable offering and offers full-range sound. This is Sam's first appearance in Munich and Destination will no doubt be making great sound!
I heard that system last year in Warsaw and liked it a lot.

IIrc they alternated the amps between the DA GM-70 and some Jadis and I preferred the GM-70 by quite a margin.

I'm very much looking forward to listening to that Contendo II system :eek:
It’ll be great to get everyone’s thoughts on what are some very interesting rooms coming up and even the odd fearless video posting (lord may they not cause too many undue conniptions).

The Contendos appear as a full on heroic horn tour de force… I’m suspecting that they may even be every bit as fantastic as they look, I’d definitely be looking forward to hearing them.

My friend Sam Wisnewski of Destination Audio will be at Hi-Fi Deluxe with his wonderful Nika speaker and GM-70, fronted by Lampizator. For those who don't know, Sam's horn-based loudspeaker, the Nika, is his most affordable offering and offers full-range sound. This is Sam's first appearance in Munich and Destination will no doubt be making great sound!
What ever happened to the Ruby? That was to be their smallest speaker, correct?

Reactions: Audiolimits
Would appreciate any WBF members attending the Munich show to visit the Lyravox speakers from Germany. They are unveiling their new flagship tower speakers, supposed to be something special. Thanks so much in advance!

Last edited:
OK.

Hotel is booked incl Tickets for saturday / sunday
Hifi deluxe on friday is free .

Expect no mercy :cool:.
This means non commercial coverage of the high end show (not impressed by machining / extra knobs / thick cables )
Expensive set up, bad sound immediately 1 point deduction
Cheap system ,good sound automatically 1 bonus point.

Ps Special thank you to my employer who provides me a Free EU charge card

Last edited:
For me the top 3 i want to see/ hear is

CAT Convergent audio
VIVID s new speaker
FM acoustics ( if they play with the big system , incl big sub , 2022 )

What i dont look forward too is all this bling bling BS which has nothing to do with music

[please forgive my poor English]

If change is coming, isn't it time for them to get rid of that awful, baroque (and a bit kitsch), picture? (see attachment above).
Don't want to offense anyone, and I'm not a graphic designer, but in IMHO, it does not reflect the sheer (and indeed, baroque) beauty of their gear. (Regarding finishing and quality, you nearly get the impression that they are built on another planet. I dreaded reliability issues with tube gear before I bought my Incito, 5 years ago; it tuned out to be the most stable and reliable piece of equipment that I have ever owned)

WHAT?!! An Aries Cerat...TURNTABLE ?!! (Whose name would "Pandora", according to the file name - I hope I'm not spoiling...)
View attachment 130099

Good luck with their Contendo II, because it seems to be super difficult to make huge system sing, especially in a room the manufacturer has no prior experience with: one of the biggest in Munich it seems, A 4.1, F111
(it is a risky bet)

I will follow Munich here, on WBF.

Last edited:
I very much hope that Moiz will be attending the show this year ? , his recordings are next best to actually being there .

Reactions: SCAudiophile

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing