Most beautiful amp and or preamp

kach22i

WBF Founding Member
Apr 21, 2010
Ann Arbor, Michigan
www.kachadoorian.com
Alright, I just rediscovered the tower amp that got my audio juices gushing so many years ago. This amp inspired many sketches on my part and many variations.

Halcro dm88 Reference monoblock power amplifier
https://www.stereophile.com/solidpoweramps/806halcro/index.html

https://www.stereophile.com/content/halcro-dm38-power-amplifier-page-2

https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/314489-complex-amplifier-2.html

I had no ideal they so so big.

Not half as sexy in black.

https://picclick.com/Halcro-dm68-Monoblock-Power-Amplifiers-Pair-182542321676.html

The preamp could use a little more of that tingle.

https://www.stereophile.com/solidpreamps/404halcro/index.html

Reactions: andromedaaudio

Hear Here

Feb 14, 2020
Portsmouth, UK
Here's another amp that looks pretty cool
Art Audio Adagio.jpg
and an old timer I used to own

BenOBeomaster3000.jpg

Reactions: Loheswaran

Hear Here

Feb 14, 2020
Portsmouth, UK
Another big one I'd like

MSB  Platinum M202.jpg

DevAAudio

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2018
Dan D’agostino Momentum series in Black!:) 6F058856-3025-41B3-9C4E-2B88FF2D82BC.jpeg
7DF21E91-2592-46DD-AD23-056678CD4B3B.jpeg

Reactions: Jimford

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Did not read all the pages So i’m not sure if it was mentioned but this combo looks stunning to me...
506F034B-3754-46BD-B5EB-2E197302AE89.jpeg

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014

Hear Here

Feb 14, 2020
Portsmouth, UK
Uhmmmm hate to be picky but these aren’t real. They are just illustrations. Like Farrah Fawcett Majors or Cher.

Odd response - what isn't real? The top amp is an Art Audio Adagio (it really is) and the lower one is a B&O Beomaster 3000-2 (it really is). The latter may be from a manufacturer that some may not consider hi-fi, but it was highly regarded for its unique design and appearance at the time I bought it probably the first tuner/amplifier with no knobs or dials. The Adagio is an SET rather similar to their Carissa amp that I used to have.

Peter

Last edited:

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Odd response - what isn't real? The top amp is an Art Audio Adagio (it really is) and the lower one is a B&O Beomaster 3000-2 (it really is). The latter may be from a manufacturer that some may not consider hi-fi, but it was highly regarded for its unique design and appearance at the time I bought it probably the first tuner/amplifier with no knobs or dials. The Adagio is an SET rather similar to their Carissa amp that I used to have.

Peter
Apologies Peter, on first look I thought the amp above was heavily photo-shopped but realise now it’s transparency of glass surfaces are playing with the reflected metals and also light from valves... I get it now, more real than surreal.

Hear Here

Feb 14, 2020
Portsmouth, UK
Apologies Peter, on first look I thought the amp above was heavily photo-shopped but realise now it’s transparency of glass surfaces are playing with the reflected metals and also light from valves... I get it now, more real than surreal.

Tom, the guy who owns Art Audio and builds their amps is very proud of the impeccable surfaces of his stainless steel cases. The glass valve chimneys are sitting on blue LEDs that create the glowing halo effect at the top. Peter

Reactions: the sound of Tao

cool_jeeves

Apr 16, 2019
T+A HV PA3100.jpg This looked cool to me - beautiful colour, finish, vu meters and pedigree... T+A PA HV3100 Integrated Amplifier.

Reactions: Pokey77

metei

Aug 25, 2022
Turkey
for me, nothing beats the looks of my Robert Koda - Takumi K-10

tak1.jpeg
didn't edit the image since it also has the Luxman EQ-500 I used to have, that is also beautiful.
look at these details..

tak2.jpeg

metei

Aug 25, 2022
Turkey
I also love the way my main system looks as a whole. Individually, maybe not so handsome but when lined up, all the colors and the similarities of circles etc. looks appealing to me.

system.jpeg

Reactions: MarkusBarkus

metei

Aug 25, 2022
Turkey
there is something appealing of the Nagra's somewhat industrial looks

nagra.jpeg

last but not least, the way an Accuphase system looks is something else.. my office system

acc1.jpeg acc2.jpeg acc3.jpeg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing