Moment Of Truth

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Interesting measurement for the Klangmodul. What does he measure for circuit breakers? That's a very good measurement, and makes them worth noting. It should would be nice if they released 15a, but I suppose 16a might suffice in USA.

Sounds like you where meant to get the aR12. It's true conditioners are not cheap to build. I'm actually making a quote for someone right now for one that'll be just for amps in his system. It adds up fast.

Calle_jr

May 24, 2015
Sweden
www.euphonia-audioforum.se
Interesting measurement for the Klangmodul. What does he measure for circuit breakers? That's a very good measurement, and makes them worth noting. It should would be nice if they released 15a, but I suppose 16a might suffice in USA.
It was a circuit breaker he measured 0.25 ohms. A direct translation from Swedish would be "standard automatic fuse". So we mean the same thing :) We sometimes call it a dwarf, but I guess that's slang.

Sounds like you where meant to get the aR12. It's true conditioners are not cheap to build. I'm actually making a quote for someone right now for one that'll be just for amps in his system. It adds up fast.
:p
aR12 would be optimal.
I would also need half a dozen longer cables, so we'll see...

Calle_jr

May 24, 2015
Sweden
www.euphonia-audioforum.se
Love Peace Power

Here's a small interlude because power feed and conditioning was brought up in Ron Resnicks gallery thread.

Here's my list of what I like to get done. I'm on my way there, but not ready yet. See my illustration below for the numbers;
  1. Install short 3x7 awg power cable on separate (shared) phase to minimize pre impedance. This will minimize amplitude and number of overtones, which in any way can’t be filtered with coils.
  2. Voltage protection for safety (lightning and svere transients).
  3. Install power filter on all phases going to the fuse central to minimize thd from them to hifi.
  4. Install Klangmodul and earth protection for safety and possible service.
  5. Install Audience Adept Response aR6. It contains coils and caps to remove transients and high frequency disturbances. No varistors.
  6. Connect power cable directly from aR6 to motor control to avoid internal disturbances.
  7. Put amps and cd/tv/tape on separate powerstrips to filter any noise between them.
  8. Use high quality powerstrips, power cables and connectors, and also equipment earthing.

http://www.euphonia-audioforum.se/calle_jr/Artiklar/power/power_feed_cjn.jpg

The things that are not numbered are components in a standard Nordic home installation.

Here are some results from measurements made by my friend Peo.
The measurements are made in seven different hifi systems in typical cities and towns in southern Sweden. One of them is in my home.
The measurements are made directly in the hifi powerstrip/conditioner.
The blue columns show THD in % and the orange show the pre impedance in ohms.

Having this in mind, it is quite understandable that putting a new super duper power conditioner in homes B, E or G is not such a big effect (except on high frequencies) compared to homes A or F.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing