Moment Of Truth

Calle_jr

May 24, 2015
Sweden
www.euphonia-audioforum.se
Joined this forum recently.
Have read occasionally since it was started, with great benefit.
But I never liked the name of the forum, and that is the simple reason why I never applied for membership.
I realize not everyone has to chase for what's best all the time, and that the majority of the members probably have found peace in their hifi lifes. And for those who hasn't, I will speak to my norse gods and ask them to help you.

Here's my current system;

Frontend: Kuzma Stabi Reference + Kuzma 4Point + Lyra Kleos + Lyra Erodion

Preamp: Audio Note M5 Phono
All signal cables: Cardas Golden Reference

Poweramps: Jadis JA80 with TungSol KT120
Speaker cables: Cardas Golden Reference

Speakers: Verity Sarastro II
Subs: Audiodata Soutien 2 and 4

Room treatment: SMT Golden Horn, SMT Wing95, Helmholz, slot panels etc.

Power and earth conditioning and distribution: Nordost Quantum QX4 + QBase8 + Audience Adept Response aR6 + Entreq Cleanus + Entreq Tellus + Eartha Copper
Power cables: Nordost Valhalla for primary distribution and preamp, JPS Labs Power AC+ for poweramp, Audience AU24, JPS Power AC In-wall to group central.

Rack: Locatech Ref IV-S

:b

Isak_Andre_Smogen-small.jpg

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Sweet system

very nice indeed

the Jadis with Verity must be sublime.

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
I like your glasses ;)

Calle_jr

May 24, 2015
Sweden
Sweet system
very nice indeed
the Jadis with Verity must be sublime.
Thanks,
Yes I think they are a fine match.
And I like the Audio Note - Jadis pairing as well. Personally, I prefer that to both pure Jadis and pure Audio Note systems.

I like your glasses ;)
:D
The boys are my sons, playing on a very steep cliff some 100km from here.
This place, called "Kullaberg", is the landscape "Red Orm" (red serpent) returns to around 900 A.D.

Calle_jr

May 24, 2015
Sweden
Very nice setup!
The forum name is MEANT to be controversial, as almost all audio (and other) forums have many discussions that debate the "best".
Glad you joined.
Lee
Thanks!
I honestly never realised that. Sure, it sounds "over-cocky", but you never know.
Thanks for telling me.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
That's a real nice record collection Calle, its good to have another analog head here ;)!

david

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Very nice system. A well thought combination of cables - the Golden Reference is full and beautiful sounding with great voices, the Nordost/JPS power cables should add the dynamics and detail!

Calle_jr

May 24, 2015
Sweden
That's a real nice record collection Calle, its good to have another analog head here ;)!
Thanks,
The record shelf is used for rock, jazz, soul and blues. I keep classical records in an adjacent room, except for those in current rotation.
I am still (after three years) cataloging all LPs on Discogs. It is the best music database I have seen with over 6 million records, constantly improving with the help of all of us contributing.

The record shelf has an 800 liter helmholtz integrated to it, which is tuned to 29Hz.
Here are some pictures from the building works and tuning;

DSC_3404.JPG

DSC_3552.JPG

Hermann von Helmholtz

Calle_jr

May 24, 2015
Sweden
DSC_3635.JPG
McTwins helping me.

Microphone measuring inside port.

RTA in LP.

LP-512cm2-FullRange-Efterklang.jpg
Reverberation fullrange in LP.

Last edited:

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Thanks,
The record shelf is used for rock, jazz, soul and blues. I keep classical records in an adjacent room, except for those in current rotation.
I am still (after three years) cataloging all LPs on Discogs. It is the best music database I have seen with over 6 million records, constantly improving with the help of all of us contributing.

The record shelf has an 800 liter helmholtz integrated to it, which is tuned to 29Hz.
Here are some pictures from the building works and tuning;

Very cool Calle! I started cataloging my records some 18 years ago, I think I have about 50 done...

david

Calle_jr

May 24, 2015
Sweden
Very nice system. A well thought combination of cables - the Golden Reference is full and beautiful sounding with great voices, the Nordost/JPS power cables should add the dynamics and detail!
Thanks microstrip!

I have tried to separate power distribution from signal cables.
I use JPS Power AC In-wall from a 16A copper fuse in AHP Klangmodul IIIG.
This is connected with Neutrik PowerCON NAC3FC-HC to NAC3MP-HC in an Audience Adept aR6 (It is impossible to terminate the In-wall to the standard powercon in aR6/aR12).
A Nordost QBase8 is connected with Valhalla to the aR6, and from there all amplifiers are connected and also the motor control for TT.
An Entreq Cleanus is connected in parallel to the aR6.
I currently test new positions for a Nordost Quantum QX4, have not decided.
Stepup, preamp, Cleanus and QB8 earth are connected to an Entreq Tellus.

Last edited:

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Very cool Calle! I started cataloging my records some 18 years ago, I think I have about 50 done...

david

lol

:D

Congrats Calle. Beautiful set-up ...

Calle_jr

May 24, 2015
Sweden
Haha!
I think a normal person can memorize some 2000 albums or something. After that it's necessary to have some sort of system. I trust you have some smart "analog" system to know what you have and especially where it is :D
Just shout if you have some problems with Discogs.

There's a lot of talk about which is the best software player, also here on WBF.
I'd say, if I only played a little more digital files, I would create an interface between Discogs and JRiver or Roon (whoever would be interested).

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Haha!
I think a normal person can memorize some 2000 albums or something. After that it's necessary to have some sort of system. I trust you have some smart "analog" system to know what you have and especially where it is :D

Let's just say that I know which room they're in and leave it at that :)….

Calle_jr

May 24, 2015
Sweden
Congrats Calle. Beautiful set-up ...
Thanks Franz!
:)

the Golden Reference is full and beautiful sounding with great voices
It is.

I am planning to make a small change by putting really short cables between Lyra Erodion and phono input.
I prefer the sound using floating ground but it is a bit too noisy.
Therefore, I was thinking of the Line Enacom from Combak; http://www.combak.net/enacom/EnacomSeries.html

Does anyone know if this would work at all, or someone who even did like this?
Or are these filters only supposed to be used in parallel?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing