MM7's are here

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
Mike,

OMG! I do not think it can get any better. Stunningly beautiful. Well done! :)

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Congrats!!! Sensational and look forward to reading your impressions as they settle in. Enjoy!

Roysen

Aug 6, 2011
That is a grand speaker, Mike. Congratulations. They look like they were built for your room. With the 458s this is destined to become something really special. What are your thoughts on cables for this system. I know its early.

Thanks,
Roysen

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Shhhhh. Don't bug Mike. He's busy. LOL!

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
How's the bass?

Emre Üçöz

Aug 1, 2011
Istanbul
Congrats Mike. Can you also describe how ceramic and non ceramic drivers performs together in coherence and the difference in bass articulation?

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Congratulations Mike. They look great. Did you already get a call from the nearby local seismographic station?

Mark Seaton

WBF Technical Expert (Speaker & Acoustics)
May 21, 2010
Chicago, IL
www.seatonsound.net
oh my god!

Congrats Mike on getting them in the room and assembled with no blood on the floor or obvious damage to the speakers. ;)

I think you should have "enough" capability there. I'll be curious to see what you end up with for final sub-tower location. I know you mentioned at the RMAF dinner, but is the crossover functionality internal to the amplifiers or external? Do they work with the natural roll off of the sealed towers or are their any electronics high passing the extension of the towers?

Enjoy!

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
In terms of dynamic driver speakers, the big three are Evolution MM7, Magico Q7 and the Wilson XLF. IMO It would be nice if we could get a comparison.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Nice to see the final system , i think you can unleash a storm with those speakers , a big orchestral work would be a blast with such a system .
There are a lot of systems with high resolution ,but being able to move lots of air is the final solution for a "real live " expirience :D
Look forward reading the differences .

congrats

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Don't forget the Rockport Arrakis.
I have limited exposure to the Rockport line. When I did hear it, it was not good. I am more than willing to give Andy the benefit of the doubt. Until iI hear a proper demo, I'll have to take your word for it.

P.S. Speaking of Roclport I wish Mike still had his tt.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
In terms of dynamic driver speakers, the big three are Evolution MM7, Magico Q7 and the Wilson XLF. IMO It would be nice if we could get a comparison.

Don't forget the Rockport Arrakis.

Like that will ever happen unfortunately...seems to me, one has to make their choice based on faith, experience of others and what speakers you have heard that are most likely in systems that are different from yours. Not easy in terms of decision making.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Like that will ever happen unfortunately. Rockitman

I said comparison, I did not mean a "shootout."

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Gregad , Shoot out Shoot out ???youre talking preferences with such systems, al designed by very capable and expirienced people , there is no bad ,there is no the best either in my opinion

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing