MIT Cables - Power Products

Mdp632

May 29, 2016
Anyone using or have experience with the current generation of MIT Power products?

Their technologies Power Factor and Filter poles look good on paper.

But, was curious if anyone has any real world experience?

Last edited:

Musicman

May 30, 2021
New Mexico
Anyone using or have experience with the current generation of MIT Power products?

Their technologies Power Factor and Filter poles look good on paper.

But, was curious if anyone has any real world experience?
Yes, I have the new generation of MIT power cables, namely the 2C3D AC power cord and the EVO AC power cord.
It took about 7 days for each to open up and show their characteristics but they are extremely good.
The EVO AC on my Nola sub is a revelation in that it totally opens it up and extends the bottom end lending a true
3D foundation to the system. The 2C3D cable on my McCormack DNA-125 amp with the EM correction switch again
transformed that amp to a true power house driving my Genesis G500 speakers.

I've not been a big fan of Marinco connectors as over the years I've replaced all mine with either Oyaide or Furutech but somehow Bruce has made the Marinco connectors he uses sound seamless. Not sure if he uses custom designs but they are very good.

Mdp632

May 29, 2016
Yes, I have the new generation of MIT power cables, namely the 2C3D AC power cord and the EVO AC power cord.
It took about 7 days for each to open up and show their characteristics but they are extremely good.
The EVO AC on my Nola sub is a revelation in that it totally opens it up and extends the bottom end lending a true
3D foundation to the system. The 2C3D cable on my McCormack DNA-125 amp with the EM correction switch again
transformed that amp to a true power house driving my Genesis G500 speakers.

I've not been a big fan of Marinco connectors as over the years I've replaced all mine with either Oyaide or Furutech but somehow Bruce has made the Marinco connectors he uses sound seamless. Not sure if he uses custom designs but they are very good.

Thank you. I'm using MIT speaker cables + interconnects. But, was curious about their power products.

I've always been and still am a Shunyata user. But, thinking of trying MIT 2C3D power products and have a single vendor and designer approach to all my cables.

I'm also hoping that MIT releases a product that sits below the PMC in their portfolio.

They used to make a Z Powerbar 2 or something but, no longer.

Do you have any idea of what the EM technology does? I reached out to MIT but, they said a website update would be forthcoming to further explain the technoolgy.

Maybe @ack could test a 2C3D power cable for me? Wonder if Goodwins is using any of these power cables? Specifically, on their Spectral gear.

Would be interesting to compare to the Shunyata offerings in his repsective thread.

Last edited:

Musicman

May 30, 2021
New Mexico
Thank you. I'm using MIT speaker cables + interconnects. But, was curious about their power products.

I've always been and still am a Shunyata user. But, thinking of trying MIT 2C3D power products and have a single vendor and designer approach to all my cables.

I'm also hoping that MIT releases a product that sits below the PMC in their portfolio.

They used to make a Z Powerbar 2 or something but, no longer.

Do you have any idea of what the EM technology does? I reached out to MIT but, they said a website update would be forthcoming to further explain the technoolgy.

Maybe @ack could test a 2C3D power cable for me? Wonder if Goodwins is using any of these power cables? Specifically, on their Spectral gear.

Would be interesting to compare to the Shunyata offerings in his repsective thread.
I asked my dealer to ask Bruce about the EM technology and his response was "Try it both ways as it is system dependent. Keep it on the one that sounds best in your system". I liked it with the EM engaged as it added body to the instruments and solidity and spacing to the soundstage. I also have an older Oracle AC1 power cable and while it is very good, the new 2C3D/EM technology surpasses it.

I also have the new EVO One Bi-wire 2C3D speaker cables in two of my systems and they are way ahead of the old Terminator and Shotgun series in both extension at both ends and soundstaging.

The only Shunyata products I have are the SR-Z1 outlets which replaced the Hubell outlets in my PS Audio P300 regenerators and a Venom Delta v2 NR power cable. I haven't used the power cable much as the MIT's have stole the show but I'm sure I can find a spot for it somewhere.

Reactions: Scott W

Mdp632

May 29, 2016
I asked my dealer to ask Bruce about the EM technology and his response was "Try it both ways as it is system dependent. Keep it on the one that sounds best in your system". I liked it with the EM engaged as it added body to the instruments and solidity and spacing to the soundstage. I also have an older Oracle AC1 power cable and while it is very good, the new 2C3D/EM technology surpasses it.

I also have the new EVO One Bi-wire 2C3D speaker cables in two of my systems and they are way ahead of the old Terminator and Shotgun series in both extension at both ends and soundstaging.

The only Shunyata products I have are the SR-Z1 outlets which replaced the Hubell outlets in my PS Audio P300 regenerators and a Venom Delta v2 NR power cable. I haven't used the power cable much as the MIT's have stole the show but I'm sure I can find a spot for it somewhere.

Hi again. Thanks for your reply.

So, similar to the speaker and interconnects, MIT Power cables have active (switchable) circuits.

I'm guessing EM Tech is perhaps a mini PFC (Power Factor Correction) circuit that is right on the power cable itself.

The filter poles are their version of Shunyata's NR technology.

Speaking of , and since you are a Shunyata owner too.

One of the reason i'm considering trying the new 2C3D power cable. Is that I feel or want to rule out "if" the Shunyata gear is masking details as a result of their "filtering"

The noise floor is incredibly low but, I'm curious if I'm missing resolution as a result.

Interesting that you compared the MIT to a Delta V2 NR and preferred the MIT.

I'm using the first gen of Sigma NR so previous gen than the current model.

Right now, I don't have a power distributor as I sold my Denali V1 last year in preparation to get an Everest.

But, if MIT 2C3D power cables are compelling enough, I'd consider making the switch to all MIT products in my system (power ,speaker, interconnect)

The only issue is the PMC Console is 26k so, hoping we see 2C3D Console or PMC Jr etc that sits below that in pricing.

Something I could compare directly against ( or less expensive) than an Everest or Denali V2.

Finally, did you have any concerns about "boxes" on power cables? Aka is it a safety concern ? Something in that cable failing and causing a fire is also something I've been thinking about.

Musicman

May 30, 2021
New Mexico
"So, similar to the speaker and interconnects, MIT Power cables have active (switchable) circuits.
I'm guessing EM Tech is perhaps a mini PFC (Power Factor Correction) circuit that is right on the power cable itself."

Only the 2C3D power cord has the switchable EM and also has PFC, the EVO cord has both but are not switchable and has different power connectors.

"The only issue is the PMC Console is 26k so, hoping we see 2C3D Console or PMC Jr etc that sits below that in pricing."

Yes, I think there is a Jr. PMC model in the works but the power cords themselves could be considered full power conditioning.

"Finally, did you have any concerns about "boxes" on power cables? Aka is it a safety concern ? Something in that cable failing and causing a fire is also something I've been thinking about."

No concern what so ever. Bruce/MIT would not put a product on the market that would pose a safety risk in any way and I have never heard of one of his power cords that do incorporate filtering/circuits on them failing.
Besides, the circuits he incorporates are in parallel to the conductors and not in series so no chance for a short across the EM/PFC circuits themselves.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing