Miles Davis - Plugged Nickel complete vinyl box set

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Anyone have it ? Is the recording quality good ? It's long OOP and commands a pretty high price on eBay. Just wondering if it's worth it ?

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
It's a wonderful set documenting the peak of Miles' 2nd great quintet. (I slightly prefer the Blackhawk live set but that's just nitpicking.) Very good sonics. Whether or not it is worth the high price, I leave to the individual.

hvbias

Jun 22, 2012
New England area
The performances are very good. It is a historic time in music for sure. There is also a Japanese pressed 2 volume set that compiles the highlights from those concerts. The full box set has many repeats, though the interpretations are slightly different.

I don't think the sound quality is particularly great. Ron Carter is mixed so low in the mix you can barely hear him.

Last edited:

Asamel

Jan 22, 2012
Philly
Christian, is this being re-released or are you looking for a vintage copy?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing