Midnight In Paris

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I have been a Woody Allen fan for well over 40 years having remembered him appearing on The Tonight Show With Johnny Carson.

Perhaps the best Woody Allen film I have seen of his in the current era is Match Point which IMO was simply fantastic.

Along comes his next film which my wife and I saw yesterday and it sure had our tongues wagging after we left the theater. Once again it was Woody at his best in his new film Midnight In Paris which hosts a huge panel of actors and actresses all making cameo appearances. I guaranty that this film will either have you loving it or hating it. There is no in between with this film. The premise of the film is stepping back in time when the present is less than fulfilling. It is looking for the Golden Age in Paris in the 20's and even earlier.

Owen Wilson was very good in the film. His role would have been ideal for Woody to do personally if he were only 30 years younger.

This movie is best classified as a comedic drama where parts are very funny and help to move the story along with the film just barely over 90 minutes. Rachel McAdams plays Owen Wilson's wife and we all wondered where Scarlett Johannson was for this role.

If you like Woody, this is a film to see. If you don't like Woody, this is a film to see

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Hi

A big Woody Allen fan here.. Found myself wondering what the fuss was about. Likable movie , good acting , although I find that Owen Wilson was trying too much to sound like Woody Allen himself ... Acting was in general good, notwithstanding the very stilted , woody and unconvincing cameo by Madame Sarkozy ... Cinematography is excellent..pictures are gorgeous .. I have a feeling the film used was Kodachrome ..had to be.. Rich saturated, warm colors, Goergeous...
I like the message but found the story unfulfilled and in some way derivative .. I remember a similar plot line in "The Purple Rose of Cairo" another Allen movie I didn't like either ... I have likely see most Woody movies .. This one left me wanting for more ...

Frantz

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing