Sound Of Freedom

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
My wife and I saw this film this afternoon to get out oof the heat and to see what the fuss is about regarding this film. It was made for a budget the fraction of Indiana Jones yet has outlearned that great series. The movie is based on a trues story of a member of the US Homeland Security , Tim Ballard, played so well by Jim Caziel. His wife in the film who not only supported his decision to quit his job within months of getting his pension , to quit and go to Cartagena Colombia to look for stolen children used in the sex trafficking industry. The story is told in a very simple, short and straightforward way such that I never checked my watch. This is a movie that very adult should see and certainly any adult who has young children IMHO

The back story to this film is quite interesting inasmuch as the film was in the can for the past 5 years as it could not get a studio to pick it up because of the controversial topic. Hence comes Angel Studios

Mira Sorvino plays Ted's wife .

The story was sobering and well told with absolutely no graphic scenes which made the film even more meaningful. The child actors were terrific. From what I understand Angel Studios came into the picture and provided the money to get it shown in theaters. At the end of the rolling credits was a 2 minute message by Jim Caziel which also was a passionate and sobering speech.

I know that this film has also drawn its naysaysers so it would be my plea that posting in this thread be polite and courteous.

There have been a lot of terrific action packed films this year which have all been top notch but this little film for me has so far been my Best Film of the year. Two thumbs up!!! Way up

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I'm going to see it some time. Some are concerned it gives a false hope so people can not be worried about kids. Other that one of the answers the producer suggested is... well not ok. But none of that actually defines it as a movie. Frankly I'm very pro movies that are not just the hollywood average because it's getting hard to stomach too many of the same actors and formulas.

SuperDave

May 12, 2017
Texas
I met Tim a few years back after a speech he gave, he's a true hero, everyone should see this film.

Dave

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing