JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
No LP for you!

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
So happy to live in Atlanta. Our dealers are really nice.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
I had a similar experience with our local dogged chewed on used record shop. (RSD2012). I called to see if they were getting an allocation of a particular record. The owner went on a rant and said that is not record store day is about. (Which I understand to a point). He wouldn't answer my question and I did not visit his shop. Another grumpy record store owner.

merrillaudio

I had the opposite story. I was a the local used record store in Summit, thumbing through mind you, which is what they like. Now this takes about 1 hour - 2 hours depending on potty requirements, and coffee consumption during the last hour to help with the attention not the potty breaks. I digress.

In that time, a customer asks the owner to look some albums, which are collectors albums. The owner being nice, says he just got a huge batch in and will look. The owner finds them (after 30 minutes), show them to the customer who then proceeds to say they are too expensive, that he can get them on ebay cheaper, and it is not worth it. I would have smacked him at that point.

The customer then proceeds to find another album in the general rack for $5.99. I almost went to the potty right there when this this customer asked for if the store would take $5.00 for the records and a credit card!

I could not help but start laughing. The store owner was very nice and cordially told him that there was no room to discount. Yes, the customer purchased the $5.99 record.

Thinking this was perhaps the way to go, I took a $2.99 record up and asked for a discount :) (Owner knew it was a joke and smiled but I got stuck listening to the whole story again).

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I'm a very happy customer of my local record shop. I know several people that won't shop there because his prices are too high (for them). And while I will admit that his pricing is higher, I have yet to encounter a shop with an owner who is as accommodating and of interest to his customers than Ric (the owner). I don't only shop for records there, I go for the conversation. We talk and play music, fave pressings, offer up suggestions/recommendations, and when is wife is there he goes down into the basement and usually comes back with some interesting finds. It's usually a very nice afternoon outing and I never leave his shop empty-handed.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing