MFSL Release of Brothers and Sisters - SACD

rsorren1

Sep 6, 2013
Dallas area
If you are an Allman Brothers fan like me, stop reading this and go order this SACD. MFSL hit a grand slam with this one. Listen to "Jelly Jelly", classic blues. No compression, no irritating highs, just blues for your soul! MFSL Eat a Peach SACD is better than any other digital format of this classic and sounds great. I found the first Allman Brothers record on MFSL SACD to be a mixed bag. Brothers and Sisters is better than both of the them. Every cut is a treat. Thanks MFSL! Now quit stalling and give us the Fillmore East concert and make it this good or better!

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Thanks...got that email too. Those who like sarah mclachlan, the solace record was reissued at 45 rpm. If it sounds better than the already great Classic Records 33, the sound and music will be beyond amazing. The 33 is one of my reference test records that I am most familiar with and I play it everytime when a system change/tweak is made.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Thanks...got that email too. Those who like sarah mclachlan, the solace record was reissued at 45 rpm. If it sounds better than the already great Classic Records 33, the sound and music will be beyond amazing. The 33 is one of my reference test records that I am most familiar with and I play it everytime when a system change/tweak is made.

I almost puled the trigger on that and Afterglow today. Hmmmm.

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
Thanks. I will get the 96/24 from HD Tracks. I already have Fillmore East on CD, SACD, and now high-res download. I have gotten to the point where I hate using my SACD player. :)

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
If you are an Allman Brothers fan like me, stop reading this and go order this SACD. MFSL hit a grand slam with this one. Listen to "Jelly Jelly", classic blues. No compression, no irritating highs, just blues for your soul! MFSL Eat a Peach SACD is better than any other digital format of this classic and sounds great. I found the first Allman Brothers record on MFSL SACD to be a mixed bag. Brothers and Sisters is better than both of the them. Every cut is a treat. Thanks MFSL! Now quit stalling and give us the Fillmore East concert and make it this good or better!

Thanks! I went to Amazon...and saw there is a 4-CD special edition with lots of live recordings which seem promising. Any thoughts on this album vs the MFSL release which presumably is 1 CD?

rsorren1

Sep 6, 2013
Dallas area
Thanks! I went to Amazon...and saw there is a 4-CD special edition with lots of live recordings which seem promising. Any thoughts on this album vs the MFSL release which presumably is 1 CD?

Hi LL21. I would pass and buy the MFSL SACD. The MFSL SACD version of this album that was just released is one of the best sounding digital rock CD/SACDs that I've heard. Open, uncompressed, no glare. Great music, great sounding.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Hi LL21. I would pass and buy the MFSL SACD. The MFSL SACD version of this album that was just released is one of the best sounding digital rock CD/SACDs that I've heard. Open, uncompressed, no glare. Great music, great sounding.

Thanks!

Sauerball

Member Sponsor
Jul 30, 2013
New York, NY

Just ordered it yesterday . . . now even more excited. Will revert with impressions. Thanks.

Asamel

Jan 22, 2012
Philly
The 6 CD Fillmore East box sounds great to my ears.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing