Mezzo with Convergent Synergy Tweeter

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com
If you have a pair of: Alexandria XLF, Alexia, or getting the Sasha Series 2, and would like a center channel that matches - now you have that option. You can now order the Mezzo with either the Convergent Synergy tweeter, or the Titanium Dome tweeter!

Mezzo® Convergent Synergy Press Release -

"With the advent of Wilson’s Convergent Synergy tweeter in the Alexandria XLF, the Alexia, and now the Sasha W/P Series-2, it quickly became apparent that a Convergent Synergy tweeter version of the Mezzo was needed."

If you would like the PDF version of this press release, please email me at debby@wilsonaudio.com

Mezzo CS PR 1.jpg

Mezzo CS PR 2.jpg

Mezzo CS PR 3.jpg

Enatai252

Mar 2, 2013
Pacific NW
Great news Debby. I started with the Sashas, center 3 and surround 2s for my HT but upgraded to the Alexias last year. Now in the process of remodeling a new home on Lake Washington which will have a dedicated HT room (18x25) with cinematech seating for 10. Had already worked deal to trade center 3 for mezzo and now with this news it looks like my new mezzo will more closely match the Alexia's. Dealer should get order in soon.

The room will have two systems, HT will be datasat R20i based with KXR and 3 Ayre MX-Rs for LCR and VX5 for surrounds. Seymour screen and runco projector

2 channel system will be ref40/Ref 250s with only change required to switch between systems involving swapping speaker cable connections on the Alexia end. Will have two Transparent runs to Alexia...one run from each L/R amp

Source is Vivaldi stack sans transport, CD555 and Lp12SE with Ref2SE

Still about 90 days from completion. Will provide more details when finished. Going to try Savant automation for the four 5.1 systems that will be in the house

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com
Great news Debby. I started with the Sashas, center 3 and surround 2s for my HT but upgraded to the Alexias last year. Now in the process of remodeling a new home on Lake Washington which will have a dedicated HT room (18x25) with cinematech seating for 10. Had already worked deal to trade center 3 for mezzo and now with this news it looks like my new mezzo will more closely match the Alexia's. Dealer should get order in soon.

The room will have two systems, HT will be datasat R20i based with KXR and 3 Ayre MX-Rs for LCR and VX5 for surrounds. Seymour screen and runco projector

2 channel system will be ref40/Ref 250s with only change required to switch between systems involving swapping speaker cable connections on the Alexia end. Will have two Transparent runs to Alexia...one run from each L/R amp

Source is Vivaldi stack sans transport, CD555 and Lp12SE with Ref2SE

Still about 90 days from completion. Will provide more details when finished. Going to try Savant automation for the four 5.1 systems that will be in the house

Sounds like a great system! You have sent me photos of your room, haven't you (ceiling mounted Center 3 if I remember correctly, right)?

The new HT sounds nice . Having seating for 10 would be nice... my room isn't quiet as large as yours, though (mine is 13x19). Make sure to share photos when it's all done!

Enatai252

Mar 2, 2013
Pacific NW
Sounds like a great system! You have sent me photos of your room, haven't you (ceiling mounted Center 3 if I remember correctly, right)?

The new HT sounds nice . Having seating for 10 would be nice... my room isn't quiet as large as yours, though (mine is 13x19). Make sure to share photos when it's all done!

Good memory Debby. The new room will have a AT fixed screen allowing me to replace the C3 with the mezzo. The timing of your announcement came right as I was about to order. I will provide pics when done. Builder is framing the 12" riser for the second row seating now. Really excited to finally bring the Ref 40
(WHICH has been in the cabin) together with the 250s and Alexia

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com
Good memory Debby. The new room will have a AT fixed screen allowing me to replace the C3 with the mezzo. The timing of your announcement came right as I was about to order. I will provide pics when done. Builder is framing the 12" riser for the second row seating now. Really excited to finally bring the Ref 40
(WHICH has been in the cabin) together with the 250s and Alexia

I am excited to see your photos! Going to ceiling mount the Mezzo? If you did, you could fit a Thor's Hammer :p (It was you that got me really thinking about ceiling mounting my center so I could try to squeeze a Hammer in my HT. My dad always raises an eyebrow when I tell him about my dreams of putting one in :D )

Enatai252

Mar 2, 2013
Pacific NW
I am excited to see your photos! Going to ceiling mount the Mezzo? If you did, you could fit a Thor's Hammer :p (It was you that got me really thinking about ceiling mounting my center so I could try to squeeze a Hammer in my HT. My dad always raises an eyebrow when I tell him about my dreams of putting one in :D )

In this room I am using a Seymour acoustically transparent fixed screen with the mezzo behind it. In the old room I had motorized drop down Stewart screen

Here are some pics of the work in progress. The platform is for the second row seating. I also am including a picture of the old room

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 510
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 535
  • IMG_0714.jpg
    IMG_0714.jpg
    335 KB · Views: 675

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
In this room I am using a Seymour acoustically transparent fixed screen with the mezzo behind it. In the old room I had motorized drop down Stewart screen

Here are some pics of the work in progress. The platform is for the second row seating. I also am including a picture of the old room

I am not a HT guru, but I will say there is no such thing as an acoustically transparent screen.

Enatai252

Mar 2, 2013
Pacific NW
I am not a HT guru, but I will say there is no such thing as an acoustically transparent screen.

I am sure there are plenty of debates on this topic in the AVSforum...have at it. I use the term "acoustically transparent (AT)" as that is an industry term describing that type of screen. To my ears, with the new Seymour screen, it has a effect similar to having a speaker grill on which is again likely covered in another thread.

As for the decision I made to go this route, while I was happy with the Center3 performance, listening sessions with the Mezzo(not the new CST version) convinced me that the mezzo was a better complement to the Alexia than the Center3 and provided more depth and solidity to the center role that it plays in movies. its actually pretty incredible to hear that combo, completely seamless. So once I chose that route...the question became where it would go. For my room, with the two rows of seating (one of which is on a 12" riser), positioning the center channel outside the screen but low on the floor (the bottom of my screen starts at 31" from the floor) was not as engaging or dramatic as moving the center to ear height but behind the Seymour screen. Simple as that. I do agree with you that in the past I have not been as satisfied with demonstrations of perforated vinyl screens and that the compromise was too much for me. However I have spent many hours at my dealer listening with the Seymour screen, which is a woven fabric and I liked the results. Your view may be different....but I encourage you to at least listen. I look forward to it being completed by summer.

I, like you, prefer 2 channel and the Alexias will be outside the screen and optimized for a sweet spot 2/3rds back into the room. cheers

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com
I am sure there are plenty of debates on this topic in the AVSforum...have at it. I use the term "acoustically transparent (AT)" as that is an industry term describing that type of screen. To my ears, with the new Seymour screen, it has a effect similar to having a speaker grill on which is again likely covered in another thread.

As for the decision I made to go this route, while I was happy with the Center3 performance, listening sessions with the Mezzo(not the new CST version) convinced me that the mezzo was a better complement to the Alexia than the Center3 and provided more depth and solidity to the center role that it plays in movies. its actually pretty incredible to hear that combo, completely seamless. So once I chose that route...the question became where it would go. For my room, with the two rows of seating (one of which is on a 12" riser), positioning the center channel outside the screen but low on the floor (the bottom of my screen starts at 31" from the floor) was not as engaging or dramatic as moving the center to ear height but behind the Seymour screen. Simple as that. I do agree with you that in the past I have not been as satisfied with demonstrations of perforated vinyl screens and that the compromise was too much for me. However I have spent many hours at my dealer listening with the Seymour screen, which is a woven fabric and I liked the results. Your view may be different....but I encourage you to at least listen. I look forward to it being completed by summer.

I, like you, prefer 2 channel and the Alexias will be outside the screen and optimized for a sweet spot 2/3rds back into the room. cheers

Thank you for the update! Building out a home theater is exciting. I remember doing mine. I was happy I had taken so many photos during the process, too (so don't forget to take more!).

Interesting info on the screen. I have never tried an AT screen before. Would be interested in experiencing it.

Enatai252

Mar 2, 2013
Pacific NW
Equipment install about 2 weeks out. Chairs arrived this week

Attachments

• image-5.jpg
    image-5.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 381
  • image-6.jpg
    image-6.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 406
  • image-7.jpg
    image-7.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 437

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing