Memories bring such joy!

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I didn't get back into this hobby until about 5 or 6 years ago after an almost 15-yr period of dormancy. When I did, I started off very slowly and lowly, but it was a starting point. I bought some Totem Sttaf speakers, resurrected my Pioneer SA-9500II int. amp and upgraded my turntable to a Nottingham Analogue Horizon SE. I installed a Grado Platinum cartridge on it and then disaster struck, so I mounted a cheapo Sumiko Pearl I had on hand.

But you now what? I still loved it. I loved the system, loved what I was hearing and I started to buy more and more vinyl again.

I've upgraded since that time and my system sounds better, but I still have such fond memories of a few years ago and when I got re-acquainted again with this wonderful hobby.

Here's one of those memories......

I post this only to show that no matter what you have it's the passion for music and appreciation of good sound (within one's means) that should be the reason for getting into and remaining in this hobby. If one can listen to my system and say Steve's system and walk away with a smile, then you'll know you're here for what we all want.....a pleasurable experience.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Oh...here is the very first video I ever uploaded on youtube. I love looking back........such fun! :)

Nevermind my rambling..........LOL!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing