Maxx 3

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
i dont think you're going to feel too much more melancholy when the X2 Series 2s show up...just saw the ad on Audiogon change...that must be you!!! Bear in mind, set aside as much as 8-10 hours for set up...let them have their time. It is worth it. When the guys came to set it up, it went from good to great to sota to smokes!!! but it took nearly 10 hours. In particular, they resoldered the resistors of my tweeters twice to get the exact dispersion that i wanted in the room...increasing/decreasing first by 3db and then by 0.7db or so. It made a huge, huge difference. When the speakers arrived in the store...the tweeters were boosted by 3db...and i nearly told them not to bring it to the house even after they tried to slide the various tweeter/mid boxes around...the treble was sawing my ears off. Nevertheless, they said they were 100% confident they could adjust the speaker to exactly how i wanted it in my room...and they did. So let them have their time setting up, and let them do/redo the settings until it is perfect for your ears. Good luck!

caesar

May 30, 2010
Congrats, Rockitman! Now when are you going to be picking those D'Agostino amps? Just kidding! Sit back and enjoy!

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
i dont think you're going to feel too much more melancholy when the X2 Series 2s show up...just saw the ad on Audiogon change...that must be you!!! Bear in mind, set aside as much as 8-10 hours for set up...let them have their time. It is worth it. When the guys came to set it up, it went from good to great to sota to smokes!!! but it took nearly 10 hours. In particular, they resoldered the resistors of my tweeters twice to get the exact dispersion that i wanted in the room...increasing/decreasing first by 3db and then by 0.7db or so. It made a huge, huge difference. When the speakers arrived in the store...the tweeters were boosted by 3db...and i nearly told them not to bring it to the house even after they tried to slide the various tweeter/mid boxes around...the treble was sawing my ears off. Nevertheless, they said they were 100% confident they could adjust the speaker to exactly how i wanted it in my room...and they did. So let them have their time setting up, and let them do/redo the settings until it is perfect for your ears. Good luck!

Lloyd

X-1s took forever to set up. I put together and set up my x-2s in under 2 hours

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Valhalla SC's and IC's

Have you heard Odin and for god sakes why is it double Valhalla prices ? ...and we are talking copper cable that is silver plated ???
At this price level I thought Siltech would be a better value...solid crystaline silver with 24k filling in the micro gaps between the silver crystals...anywho, I'm interested in your perspective. :confused:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Have you heard Odin and for god sakes why is it double Valhalla prices ? ...and we are talking copper cable that is silver plated ???
At this price level I thought Siltech would be a better value...solid crystaline silver with 24k filling in the micro gaps between the silver crystals...anywho, I'm interested in your perspective. :confused:

I believe, among other things, Nordost doubles the number of strands as you go up...and thus doubles the cost.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

I believe a number of people like Transparent Audio cables as well on Wilsons. I know Steve does not like network boxes. Still, Transparent Audio has X2 Series 2 in their main listening room, and are expecting XLFs shortly...used for trialing/listening to their cables. Wilsons also use TA cabling inside the speaker, as i recall. There are also many exhibits where Wilson is using TA Opus cables. Food for thought.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
The cables that I would think about for the Wilson's are: MIT, Transparent, Nordost, Kubala-Sosna, the new Cardas Clear line, and Purist Audio.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

Simply put I am quite pleased with my Valhalla cable in my system. To upgrade to Odin would have added a king's ransom to the overall cost

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Chiropractor appointment 6/9/2012. LOL.

Congratulations Christian, have a blast man!

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
All in good time my friend, I do hope it doesn't take you as long as I did! :D

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal

I have heard both in my system. It was a terrible mistake - I was not considering spending Odin price in any cable, and had got the Vallhalla at a very nice used price. In my system, using VTLs MB750 and SoundLabs the Odin sounded considerably better - all the bass slam and dynamic aspects usually come with the Valhallas, showing all detail, but much more free from the shouting dynamics of the Vallhalas. Perhaps the amplifier and speaker combination highlighted this aspect. As a result , I did not keep any of them!

A very interesting, but also absurdly expensive cable is crystal Dreamline.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Spoke with Paragon this morning. Wire of funds complete. Tentative day of delivery/setup....6/8/2012....Happy days ahead.

Nice one!

Frank750

VIP/Donor
Jul 8, 2011
Spoke with Paragon this morning. Wire of funds complete. Tentative day of delivery/setup....6/8/2012....Happy days ahead.

Well.......are they in yet? What do you think?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing