Max Max: Fury Road

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
so who has seen it?

I believe its the most highly rated movie of the year by several sites which is amazing for an action flick. I'm going to see it this holiday weekend.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Won't be me because I don't go to theaters anymore. But I am sure Steve has his ticket already :).

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
That would be a nice way to do it. When I was at Microsoft, we would reserve a theater on the morning of the first showing for movies like this. Alas, I did not go to a single one as I always had management meetings :(.

Look forward to buying the Blu-ray....

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
It's tougher to convince the female road warriors for this type of flick though.
They have to be 'predisposed' for the 'rougher' scenes. ...Very hard act to master.
* I'm talking about the 'down-to-earth' girls here, with advanced intellect capacity, from 30 to 80. ...Age group.

Last edited:

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Definitely not a movie I want to see....I am well past adolescence. :)

I've had to sit through the preview a couple of times. That's more than enough.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
It will come on Blu-ray in both a 3D and a 2D packages. ...I think it might have a Dolby Atmos audio soundtrack ... (((3D))) surround sound.

---------

? Taken directly from the film:

:D

///\\\ In some theaters it does play in Dolby Atmos, and also in 3D, of course. ...So, 3D Picture & Sound. :cool: ...Like 'Gravity', but here in the desert.
...On Earth.

Last edited:

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
There's another thread on this and here's what I posted:

As good an action movie as has ever been made. Maybe the best pure action film ever. The only one with the premise of 'A world gone insane....' that really delivers on that line.

There's more imagination on display in the first ten minutes then in ten typical big Hollywood movies put together.

TBone

Nov 15, 2012
Considering the many critically acclaimed "slow-burners" making the rounds this year ... a good action flick is a much welcome diversion.

Hell, I'd rather watch the original Mad Max on repeat, then having to suffer Ben Affleck's waste of celluloid ...

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
Won't be me because I don't go to theaters anymore. But I am sure Steve has his ticket already :).
Twice in five years see below
I'm trying to reassemble all the road warrior friends of my neighborhood
Brothers-in-law and I got together for Lone Survivor last year and American Sniper this year.

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
There's another thread on this and here's what I posted:

As good an action movie as has ever been made. Maybe the best pure action film ever. The only one with the premise of 'A world gone insane....' that really delivers on that line.

There's more imagination on display in the first ten minutes then in ten typical big Hollywood movies put together.

Cool.

Every single "indie film" person I know who has seen it has loved it. While the trailer looks a bit overblown hollywood action, allegedly the film delivers. Can't wait!

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
definitely an enjoyable flick, although for the first 20 minutes, the dialogue was pretty much unintelligible from my seat.

Miller really creates an interesting backdrop and Charlize was awesome and the star. Hardy got paid for like 10 lines. I'd like to know what Mother's Milk is really used for however :)

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
Sorry to disagree but I saw Mad Max:Fury Road and was utterly disappointed. One of the worst pieces of trash I have ever seen. While it is true that there is hardly a frame that goes by that doesn't have something blowing up or bullets flying, it became numbing after a while and frankly, after an hour of this, despite fantastic special effects, I didn't give a crap who lived or died. The plot is totally inane and made no sense from the beginning. It is unprecedented that MRQE, the site I go to for movie reviews constantly, let me down like this. They gave it a whopping 85! I have to look again to see if there is a minus sign in front of that number. A total pice of crap, minus the stunt work and special effects. Charlize Theron must have set a Hollywood record for the amount of dollars she earned per word spoken on the screen.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing