Magico S3

owen lawlor

Jul 30, 2010
HELP! Need help with consideration for Magico room placement. Has anyone had any success or heard them placed far apart. In my room I have to have them placed 11 feet apart minimum due to being integrated to a theater with a screen that is that wide. I know the Wilsons and Rockports can stand it. I particularly have interest and am looking at the S3 and S5's but don't have time to borrow a pair to hear in my own setup. TIA!

rhyno

Dec 29, 2010
owen, its not placement that wide that concerns me, its that you are likely in a large room if they're that far apart, and will serve 2x duty in HT apps...the S3s are more small to mid-size room speakers, and deep bass is not their strong suit. wonderful speakers, but not all good speakers are good in every application.

owen lawlor

Jul 30, 2010
owen, its not placement that wide that concerns me, its that you are likely in a large room if they're that far apart, and will serve 2x duty in HT apps...the S3s are more small to mid-size room speakers, and deep bass is not their strong suit. wonderful speakers, but not all good speakers are good in every application.

Thanks Ryhno - you are correct - the room IS large, at 18ftx45ft. As much as I dislike the idea for music but if going for the S3's I think I would have to supplement 30Hz down with my two JL Audio F113 Fathoms. I think the bass *should* be OK, but am wondering about tonal balance and adequate center fill... Also, the listening position is only 9.5 feet away from each speaker (front row of theater seats), so it's not an equilateral triangle.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing