Magico Q7

number95

May 14, 2014
First, I do not know either of you (Ie Citizen and Roysen). Also that is my last post regarding any unrelated topic under Q7 which I do not want to occupy anything unrelated to Magico under Magico forum. Having all said, I agree with Roysen regarding his impressions with Devialet. It may be a coincidence or not but I have similar views as Devialet is no way near other components (amps) which were considered previously here to match with Q7.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roysen

Aug 6, 2011
Back and forth personal attacks have no place on WBF. This post was removed, as it contained both sides of an argument that violates our Terms of Service. Report inappropriate posts to the admin team and DO NOT attempt to moderate the forums yourselves.

Thank you,

Lee

Last edited by a moderator:

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Although there was a Devialet around, no one cared about it. Today I was listening for a few minutes to the Q7 driven by a pair of Constellation Audio Hercules II with the matching preamplifier, and my views on acoustic energy coming from points in space changed a lot. The system was still being set up, I hope to listen to it again very soon.

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Although there was a Devialet around, no one cared about it. Today I was listening for a few minutes to the Q7 driven by a pair of Constellation Audio Hercules II with the matching preamplifier, and my views on acoustic energy coming from points in space changed a lot. The system was still being set up, I hope to listen to it again very soon.

What do you mean by 'views on acoustic energy coming from points in space changed a lot'?

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
What do you mean by 'views on acoustic energy coming from points in space changed a lot'?

This system can play very loud, but the acoustic energy seems to emanate from very precise points with high impact associated to each source in the musical sound stage. In this precise aspect no system I have listened could rival this one.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
This system can play very loud, but the acoustic energy seems to emanate from very precise points with high impact associated to each source in the musical sound stage. In this precise aspect no system I have listened could rival this one.

In my limited experience with my own speakers...i get more of that the less vibration i have in my speakers and generally within the system...i know exactly the volume when the imaging starts to shatter because of distortion/vibration. And that volume has increased by about 35% over the last 18 months whereby the imaging remains stable and pinpointed.

I suspect the Q7s being so inert can maintain that precision even with high impact and high volume...better than many, many speakers out there.

Frank750

VIP/Donor
Jul 8, 2011

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Front baffle looks very familiar to me. :)

Frank750

VIP/Donor
Jul 8, 2011
Front baffle looks very familiar to me. :)

Probably because that's the original Q7 with MK II inserted in the picture. Just a guess.

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
$225K. New tweeter, midrange and front baffle

For an additional $65,000 .. Will wonder ever cease? I am a Magico fan but ..Man!!

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
For an additional $65,000 .. Will wonder ever cease? I am a Magico fan but ..Man!!

Apparently, these days speakers have to be over $200k to be taken seriously!

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA
Apparently, these days speakers have to be over $200k to be taken seriously!

I'm waiting for them to hit $300K before I buy a pair. I don't trust anything cheaper than that. I should probably get their $40K audio rack first, which is at least priced to instill confidence in its performance.

number95

May 14, 2014
I'm waiting for them to hit $300K before I buy a pair. I don't trust anything cheaper than that.

That is I call a bold statement.

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
Any news on the rest of the range ? (Q1, Q3 and Q5)

stereo

Sep 1, 2012
How has the front baffle changed? I thought it was only to accommodate the newer tweeter and mid drivers, so different cut out shapes on back of front baffle. A very subtle visual difference if any from the front.

yes, new tweeter, new mid range, new cross over and maybe new mid range enclosure? I don't think the speaker will look any different from outside, the need of a new front plate is only to accommodate different driver size (tweeter).

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing