S1 M-Coat £17,500
Q1 M-Cast £30,900

But interestingly the S5..
S5 M-Cast £29,995
S5 M-Coat £36,995.

Q3 M-Cast £45,000

Cheers
Orb

UK has the highest hi-end prices in Europe. In most countries, distributors use a simple $1 = 1 eur formula, which nicely accounts for the fact that the EU prices include the 20% VAT tax.

In the UK, the formula is $1 = 1 GBP, a whooping 20% more over rest of Europe. I wonder why people in the UK do not import their gear from France or Benelux countries.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

AMP

Feb 27, 2011
The Q5 is the oldest speaker in the line and Magico has made a lot of progress in their designs since it was introduced. It's only logical that the Q5 would be the first speaker in the Q line to be replaced with an updated version. Whether or not it's called a Q5 series II or Q6 is up for debate. I've voiced my preference for the former.

I'm a Magico dealer so read into that statement however you like, but there's a good reason as to why I didn't order a pair of Q5 demos.

BiggusD

Nov 10, 2013
I'm betting on "6" because that's a good number for the Chinese market.

Not 6, that would be 8. In fact if Magico wants to sell a speaker like hot cakes in China then call it the Q888! :)

I think Q5.1 would be logical name if it is a revised Q5 rather than a brand new design. Q6 would mean even numbers and we all know Alon Wolf is superstitious about even numbers hence only odd numbers!

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Not 6, that would be 8. In fact if Magico wants to sell a speaker like hot cakes in China then call it the Q888! :)
I think Q5.1 would be logical name if it is a revised Q5 rather than a brand new design. Q6 would mean even numbers and we all know Alon Wolf is superstitious about even numbers hence only odd numbers!

I think a S7 is also possible, now that S1/3/5 are so successful. :D

Orb

Sep 8, 2010
UK has the highest hi-end prices in Europe. In most countries, distributors use a simple $1 = 1 eur formula, which nicely accounts for the fact that the EU prices include the 20% VAT tax.

In the UK, the formula is $1 = 1 GBP, a whooping 20% more over rest of Europe. I wonder why people in the UK do not import their gear from France or Benelux countries.

Yep sucks, but then some countries have it worse I guess :)
Buying from outside the UK distributor-sales channel can be asking for a world of hurt, especially if buying new and support is required or an issue happens and the product requires servicing and parts.
I know many dealers or even the distributor will not support non-UK products for quite a fair amount of the high end, and this can also add to the headache when selling as peace of mind is always a consideration for any buyer.
Cables are definitely easy and something I do watch out for though from the dealers throughout Europe.

Funny enough same thing happened with cars in the past, especially the higher end/high performance models; was far cheaper to buy outside of UK but then those cars are locked out of the UK dealer/support network.

Cheers
Orb

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing