Weiss DSP501 vs Innuos Pulse/Mini for Goldmund

superelmar

Oct 14, 2022
Hi there guys!

Wondering which streamer is best for my Goldmund Telos 7 DAC, and Boenicke W11 speakers. Weiss seems to be one of the best in town for price!

Is there any streamers with tubes inside? would benefit from that? Goldmund DAC is insanely good!

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: PhP

NekoAudio

Oct 28, 2023
San Jose, California
www.nekoaudio.com
The Weiss DSP501 definitely has some useful DSP features that you might find beneficial. If UPnP/DLNA or Roon are your preferred streaming protocols then I'd definitely recommend it.

You won't find a streamer-only that has tubes in it though; without analog outputs there is no benefit to using tubes for any portion of a streamer's hardware.

PhP

Industry Expert
Nov 12, 2012
FRANCE
www.phpaudio.fr
Hi there guys!

Wondering which streamer is best for my Goldmund Telos 7 DAC, and Boenicke W11 speakers. Weiss seems to be one of the best in town for price!

Is there any streamers with tubes inside? would benefit from that? Goldmund DAC is insanely good!

Thanks in advance.

Hello
Using a streamer with tube in conjonction with GOLDMUND is not interesting. GOLDMUND is on very fast and transparent electronics, ties will slow the sound and color it. I think the best is PLAYBACK DESIGNS MPS-X and second choice is WEISS DSP 501 or DSP 502 at a more affordable price.
KR

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing