Magico M9 >>>>Fulfillment

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Love the fact Magico design allows for placement where a ported speaker wouldn‘t be optimal. But, it looks like a squeeze to flip the LP!
It's a beach house and tight quarters all around. Although the rooftop has a pool over looking the ocean, and the front glass wall in the room with the M3's full retracts up into the ceiling with a push of a button.

Reactions: Bobvin

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
How nice that someone who has experience listening to and reviewing all kinds of gear comes away saying pretty much what I said in my post #233 (up-thread). I know I can be smitten and wax eloquently (not all will agree) when I hear something spectacular. The M9s are spectacular.

Last edited:

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
  • Wow
Reactions: howiebrou

V-Squared

Jun 9, 2017
How nice that someone who has experience listening to and reviewing all kinds of gear comes away saying pretty much what I said in my post #233 (up-thread). I know I can be smitten and wax eloquently (not all will agree) when I hear something spectacular. The M9s are spectacular.
Jeff Fritz hit it spot on. Simply an amazing experience (in my opinion) - effortless, limitless, expansive, spacious, articulate and "realistic" - simply an amazing experience.

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
Funny how reviews of top flight SOTA speakers all read the same. Very similar to Harley's (?) review of the Wilson Chronosonic XVX which is similar to the Rockport Arrakis which is similar to the MBL Extreme which is similar to the YG Acoustic Sonya XVi which is similar to the fill in the blank. No dis on the M9 (I am confident that it is a wonderful transducer as it should be for $750K) but I can see why dedicated, serious audio types do not read or disregard hyperbolic audio product reviews entirely.

Last edited:

ALF

Mar 15, 2012
Southwest
Good news tda, you can now head out to Dallas and hear them yourself…then, no need to read a review :).

vbw, -a

Reactions: Rhapsody

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Funny how reviews of top flight SOTA speakers all read the same. Very similar to Harley's (?) review of the Wilson Chronosonic XVX which is similar to the Rockport Arrakis which is similar to the MBL Extreme which is similar to the YG Acoustic Sonya XVi which is similar to the fill in the blank. No dis on the M9 (I am confident that it is a wonderful transducer as it should be for $750K) but I can see why dedicated, serious audio types do not read or disregard hyperbolic audio product reviews entirely.
There's a lot of shill hot air on forums too. To get the real impression you need a private conversation with someone who has heard it or even better you need to hear them yourself.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
hear them yourself.

The hear them yourself category is split into the following
1. Those who would hear it themselves, and no matter how good it sounds, buy the other thing, the one they haven't heard but were also curious about. This is how many components, especially cartridges, get sold without audition even though buyers know of a cart they have heard and like.
2. Those who have already made up their mind to buy it, and will hear it for the sake of saying they auditioned, then buy it even if it does not sound good. I actually know people who decided to try components (say amp), went to Munich, amp room was sounding bad, they said so too, but then bought it anyway. This is how many Munich rooms get orders during the week (from private individuals, not dealers)
3. Those who decide to check something out, go to a show like Munich where it is inappropriately set up, then say it's crap.

Very few in the hear it yourself, evaluate, and then buy or not buy based on merit.

Last edited:

Blackmorec

Feb 1, 2019
Logic would indicate that they should sound roughly the same if they are all aimed at the same target, what we refer to as ‘State of the Art’ (SoTA) . The more manufacturers focus on revealing everything on a recording via perfect presentation, the less divergence there should be. If we had 5 perfectly correct loudspeakers from different manufacturers their sound shouldn’t vary if they all use the same recordings. All it means is that there’s pretty good agreement on what constitutes SoTA from various manufacturers as confirmed by a variety of reviewers.

Reactions: thedudeabides

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
There's a lot of shill hot air on forums too. To get the real impression you need a private conversation with someone who has heard it or even better you need to hear them yourself.
I agree totally. But Jeff Fritz, to the best of my knowledge, has extensive exposure to SOTA products so I assume he has street cred. But maybe I misinterpreted your intent.

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
I agree totally. But Jeff Fritz, to the best of my knowledge, has extensive exposure to SOTA products so I assume he has street cred. But maybe I misinterpreted your intent.
Oh I didn't mean anyone in particular, just a casual accusation across the bows ;)

Reactions: lordcloud

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing