logo lamp out part 2

graystoke4

Apr 28, 2011
uk nottingham
hi you might remember part 1 ,, right i have taken the lamp cover off there are three small lamps on a small circuit board with the number 7382 printed on them,,NOW what do i or should that be what do YOU do, do you replace lamps with a soldering iron, or do you buy a new pcb from spectral,???, as im in england with no dealers, this will be a problem, does anyone know the cost of this board, or do i get my iron out , (if i had one) all information will be gladly received, thanks again andy,

Last edited:

nirodha

Aug 11, 2010
hi you might remember part 1 ,, right i have taken the lamp cover off there are three small lamps on a small circuit board with the number 7382 printed on them,,NOW what do i or should that be what do YOU do, do you replace lamps with a soldering iron, or do you buy a new pcb from spectral,???, as im in england with no dealers, this will be a problem, does anyone know the cost of this board, or do i get my iron out , (if i had one) all information will be gladly received, thanks again andy,

Don't know exactly how a friend of mine did it...but it did not take 30 minutes and no soldering was involved. Just a bit awkward to get at the screws.
Good luck.

DonH50

Member Sponsor & WBF Technical Expert
Jun 22, 2010
Monument, CO
The 7382 is a small leaded (i.e. has leads) incandescent bulb. While it could be soldered I really doubt it; more likely they are just stuck into small pin sockets on the board. Pull them out (gently) and replace them. The bulbs are available from Amazon, Digikey, etc. so a local electronics store may have them for you. I saw them from $0.50 USD to about $5 USD on-line (each).

Examples:
http://www.amazon.com/Eiko-40922-Miniature-Automotive-Light/dp/B002CYZIMM
http://www.amazon.com/Sylvania-3841..._sbs_hi_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0G4T6JTQYBW039ZVN61Q

HTH - Don

graystoke4

Apr 28, 2011
uk nottingham
thanks for the advise don,, gave them a gentle pull and they came straight out, they looked like they were soldered in at the back, now will be ordering new lamps today,, cheers andy,,

Hourwerk

Dec 17, 2014
UK
Had mine replaced recently by my hi-fi dealer. Looks so much better with the lights on especially when listening at night!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing