Linlai™ Global 845-D Dream Series vacuum tubes

facten

Feb 13, 2022
Tennessee
Wondering if any members have tried this tube and will offer impressions on its sound and reliability

kende

Apr 21, 2020
Brampton, on Canada
Wondering if any members have tried this tube and will offer impressions on its sound and reliability
Hi Facten
I have the same amp LM518 like you. I have the Linlai 845DG tube in it , much better then Psvane T mark2 or the Psvane replica WE.
Also I have changed the rectifier Amperex (NOS Holland made 5ar4) to Linlai Elite 274B molybdeum plate. The rectifier gave me audible effect, more tide bass , cleaner subtle nuances. 1 1/2 year since I have them(845,274B) no problem . Comparing DG to what I had is like I would take off the blanket from music. I do not have experience with 845D Linlai , but I heard the 845 Elite molybdeum plate and Elrog . In terms of sound nuances is close to Elroge at least for me. It was different amp and source. I am satisfied with the 845 DG Linlai. Sorry No experience with 845D linlai. I just shared my impression with some Linlai tubes.

Reactions: facten

facten

Feb 13, 2022
Tennessee
@kende Thank you for your response and insights. I liked the sound of the Psvane Black Bottle T 2 but had one tube that just refused to bias properly, it always ran higher than the recommended amp setting so I pulled them out. I'm going to decide on which of the Linlai 845s to go with shortly.

I had no idea that the 274B could be swapped in for the 5AR4 rectifier; I use a NOS 5AR4 presently. . May I ask where you came across the information on the 274B in the 518IA I'd like to possibly explore that option?

Thank you

kende

Apr 21, 2020
Brampton, on Canada
Hi
I was reading on one of audiosite here from North America , one member sharing it, but to be sure I asked James from Line Magnetic Audio , China. The Sophia Electric 274B Aqua blue is direct replacement for 5ar4. I have never tried but has Good review on this site. Check it out. Also I am satified with 7581A Tung sol rusian tube for driver tube. before I had Psvane, El34 , Kt 77 .
Regards.

facten

Feb 13, 2022
Tennessee
@kende Thanks. I'm using NOS GE 6L6GCs for the driver tubes and NOS Tungsol 5751s for signal tubes ( prefer the slightly lower gain in this amp)

facten

Feb 13, 2022
Tennessee
I went ahead and purchased via GrantFidelity the Linlai 845 D Dream tubes for my Line Magnetic 518IA integrated. They arrived last night so I only have about 5 hours on them but I am pleased with the sound thus far. The 845 D Dream is nicely balanced across the frequencies , tone is refined , solid body and image no muddling or softness, clarity without fatigue. These are a definite upgrade versus the stock Psvane HIFi and the T2 Black Body 845s I previously had in the amp. I am looking forward to how they sound after more run in.

Sitting here listening to Melody Gardot's My One And Only Thrill CD , her voice is even more sublime than I've been accustomed to.

Last edited:
Reactions: gestalt

jtcfdog

Apr 22, 2023
I have a Linlai HiFi Black Plate (6N97) on the input of my AricAudio Transcend P/P amp along with two Psvane CV 181 T (6N97).TS KT120 for power presently. I haven't tried the Global yet.I immediately loved the clarity but it was hovering on being too analytical initially. After it settled in it's become my all time favorite input tube. I actually had to move my speakers around and change the settings on the subs to accommodate it.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing