Legacy Audio Aeris Wavelet XLR cable

MichaelHiFi

Jan 6, 2022
I'm hopeful one day soon I'll be the owner of the Aeris speakers. I purchased the Wavelet as well. There's a balanced cable that runs from the Wavelet to the speakers. I'm wondering about the appropriate quality of that cable. It's not just sending information to the woofers as I understand. I was looking at an Audioquest 'Water' 4 in a meter length. Perhaps this is overkill?

Opinions?

Reactions: prerich

FT251

Jan 22, 2022
I went with the 4 meter DH labs Air Matrix Cryo for my Focus XD's. Contact Bliss HiFi for pricing.

Audio Addict

VIP/Donor
Mar 20, 2016
Central Illinois
I use a Zavfino Fusion 2.5 meter XLR. Anything other than 1.5 meter is custom.

MichaelHiFi

Jan 6, 2022
I've used DH-Labs in the past. Great company and great cables IMO.
Zavfinousa looks very interesting too, and maybe not a bank buster although I would need at least 3.5 meters.
Great suggestions gentlemen.

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
Michael, We had a great talk today on this, thank you for the call. The interconnects used as outputs from Wavelet II to both the speaker and the external amps used to drive the top end of the speaker are all equally important. The input cables to Wavelet also matter. It's best to match them sonically and choose the best you can afford.

MichaelHiFi

Jan 6, 2022
I still haven't purchased the 3 meter XLR's needed for my Aeris which I now believe are shipping today from Legacy.

The DH-Labs air matrix is a solid contender. I can get a deal on the Nordost Tyr 2, expensive still, but seems like a very solid top tier cable. I can get 30% off on Audioquest too but I'm not sold on that brand.

So we spend $27k on speakers but need to spend another $6k on cables. That's a lot of splaining to the wife...

FT251

Jan 22, 2022
Congratulations on the good news! I am real happy with my DH Laps Air Matrix Cryo.

Audio Addict

VIP/Donor
Mar 20, 2016
Central Illinois
I still haven't purchased the 3 meter XLR's needed for my Aeris which I now believe are shipping today from Legacy.

The DH-Labs air matrix is a solid contender. I can get a deal on the Nordost Tyr 2, expensive still, but seems like a very solid top tier cable. I can get 30% off on Audioquest too but I'm not sold on that brand.

So we spend $27k on speakers but need to spend another $6k on cables. That's a lot of splaining to the wife...
I am pretty sure Legacy would tell you to just use the XLR they include for bass.

Reactions: SCAudiophile

MichaelHiFi

Jan 6, 2022
Legacy provides XLR interconnects? I wonder what length?

I'm sure given the importance of that interconnect, a high quality interconnect should yield far better results that a 'supplied' cable.
Still, it would give me more time to save for the proper cable. It's difficult to find 3 meter balanced cables in the used market.

Audio Addict

VIP/Donor
Mar 20, 2016
Central Illinois
Legacy provides XLR interconnects? I wonder what length?

I'm sure given the importance of that interconnect, a high quality interconnect should yield far better results that a 'supplied' cable.
Still, it would give me more time to save for the proper cable. It's difficult to find 3 meter balanced cables in the used market.
I received my Aeris back in early 2015 and I believe they included a 4 or 5 meter pair of XLRs but they were morgami or maybe even generic.

MichaelHiFi

Jan 6, 2022
Working with The Music Room, what I'll do is purchase the Kabala Sosna Temptation and the Audioquest Pegasus. I'm hopeful DH-Labs will send me their Air Matrix to compete. And, I would like Legacy to send me the stock XLR as a baseline, that would be fun and informative.

TMR will provide me the length of time needed for break-in, not just the speakers settling in but the cables as well, an important step.

It's unfortunate I won't be able to use Shunyata offerings as the price point is beyond our means. The Alpha would have been welcomed. Even Nordost Tyr 2 would have been great to try, maybe later, as a trade or upgrade (it's TMR after all), we can explore.
I like the Fusions construction but as it seems, these cables all have their claims. Never really listened to these speakers, it will be nearly impossible to setup synergy in even a 2 to 3 month window.

We do the best we can.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Reactions: SCAudiophile

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing