DSC_0003 1.jpeg

Alsyvox Botticelli X
DSC_0009 1.jpeg

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Bob, who needs a gym when you’ve got such a wonderful collection of speakers to move around :)

I need remote control Diaza platforms with wheels.....Emile is working on it;)

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Like the looks of the Dieses horns, but my planar heart goes pitter patter over the Botticelli.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Like the looks of the Dieses horns, but my planar heart goes pitter patter over the Botticelli.

It actually gets hard when you listen to all of them, as they all do their own thing. I could live with any of them and I would be grateful:) Well, actually I do live with all of them and I am extremely grateful.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Pop a pair of Alsyvox's in post, Bob.
In the last 3 years I've heard two hugely impressive Apogee demos...one stellar, Duettas in 18x12 room on 90W 211s. One flawed, but w tons of potential, Divas on Kondo/Spectral in 40x25x20 room.
If I was really to go down the rabbit hole of a radical new direction, ribbons could be it. And hearing Emile relate his new Boticellis rate w his previous Apogee Full Ranges, what a reference.
The Duettas did something I've not heard from any domestic spkr...really nail deep extended bass close to 20Hz in a manageable package.
The Divas did something unique too. Truly holographic imaging. I've never had a drum set laid out for me where I can "see" the hi hats etc, and the rest of the band.
Both sets of Apogees had certain issues (Duettas w too small a room to fully breathe, Divas poor crossover choice and odd slow Kondo/fast Spectral imbalance in a huge and hugely challenging room), but both appeared to have infinite headroom, esp the Divas.
€Squillions win and travel allowed again, a visit to hear Boticellis on Extreme at Emile's would be my first port of call.

Reactions: Rhapsody

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Bob, where are you located exactly? I tried to stop by some time in early February to the address advertised, right across from Eataly and the Flatiron building, and saw no signage for your store

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
There is no signage on the street. I am in a commercial building on the 5th floor.

We are listed in the lobby and the door man just lets you go right up to the 5th floor where we are.

Too bad you didn't call it's by appointment only but I was probably there.

BMCG

VIP/Donor
Oct 1, 2016
United Kingdom
Bob - quite the span of technologies....if you're ever permitted the time...a compare and contrast across them would be intriguing.

In particular the Alysvox vs Magic M2.....is one I ponder.

Reactions: PeterA

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Bob - quite the span of technologies....if you're ever permitted the time...a compare and contrast across them would be intriguing.

In particular the Alysvox vs Magic M2.....is one I ponder.

Hi, I listen to them all and they all have different (I don't believe in better at this level) sonic presentations. It comes down to personal preference, for both sonics and aesthetics. They pretty much are all top performers, along with the other hundred top performers that exist at this time around the globe.

Just for discussion sake, the M2's with their sealed cabinet can be placed up against a back wall. In NYC that ends up happening a lot of the time with space constraints.

The Alsyvox need room to breathe and need to be out in the room a bit. At least 1M, but I like them out at least 2M. I have my Alsyvox out 3M into the room. Although the Alsyvox can literally almost touch the side walls as they do not exert energy sideways, just front and backwards.

The M2's are 88db efficient, the Alsyvox 94db. Both easy loads that don't dip way down in impedance.

Most important aspect imho is matching the right speaker with the your room. Find the speakers that you love, but make sure that it is the right speaker that will work optimally in your room and then amplify it properly.

Both of the mentioned speakers sound great with either tubes or SS.

Reactions: Duke LeJeune

Duke LeJeune

[Industry Expert]/Member Sponsor
Jul 22, 2013
Princeton, Texas
In addition to the "Like" button, there should be an "Envious" button.

Bob, you have assembled truly magnificent and extraordinarily well thought-out speaker lineup.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
In addition to the "Like" button, there should be an "Envious" button.

Bob, you have assembled truly magnificent and extraordinarily well thought-out speaker lineup.

Thank you Duke. Somehow it all sort of just happened. Being associated with Emile, Daniele from Alsyvox, Giuseppe from Diesis, Zoltan Bay from Bayz and Giuseppe from VYGER is what it's really about for me.

I am very appreciate to know each of them and represent their creations. I've pretty much died and gone to audio heaven.....enjoying the ride. Thx again!

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Bob, are guys coming into yr store, unsure but cheque at the ready, some deciding on Bayz, some on Alsyvox, some on the others, a reasonable spread? I get the default choice to Magico in most situations, esp re ergonomics. But do you have affluent yet undecided potential buyers for these very personal spkrs choices?
What typical buyer, even by choice of music, is buying Alsyvox over Bayz, and vice versa.
Or is it a very particular choice, impossible to predict or even counter intuitive?

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Bob, are guys coming into yr store, unsure but cheque at the ready, some deciding on Bayz, some on Alsyvox, some on the others? I get the default choice to Magico in most situations, esp re ergonomics. But do you have affluent yet undecided potential buyers for these very personal spkrs choices?
What typical buyer, even by choice of music, is buying Alsyvox over Bayz, and vice versa.
Or is it a very particular choice, impossible to predict or even counter intuitive?

It's ALL OVER THE PLACE. I have installations going on right now all over the US. VYGER, Alsyvox, Diesis, Bayz and Magico and four Extremes on order waiting to ship shortly. EACH of the buyers for every product has their own equation.

I have three systems that are in the installation/calibration stage right now, one Magico, one Diesis and one Bayz in the city. All three customers live in $50M plus five or six story towhhomes. There are thousands of people in the city that live in these crazy expensive homes, just like any major city, but there are a LOT here. Even though it's a war zone at the moment.

Each of these customers came into to visit with nothing other than they wanted a system for their home. They looked, listened, discussed etc. I went and checked out their spaces and then gave my recommendation. 80% of the time there is designer/architect involvement.

These guys found me by either a reference from someone or they googled High End Audio NYC. Rhapsody.Audio comes up first for that google search. I've been in the same location for 19 years. More people around the city know me vs in the audio world, just from osmosis.

75% of the time in NYC large installations we integrate our audio system into the Whole Home Audio System. I run one output from say the Extreme or whatever server into our DAC and then another output into say a WHA Sonos system. A lot of Crestron/Savant integration. They usually have speakers in 15 or 20 rooms in the five or six stories. Along with security, lighting and you name it. Also projects connecting four homes in different states with systems in one or two of the places, but being able to play video and audio in a different location.

Then I get calls to come and hear specific speakers and models. I usually have 2 demos/day when we aren't shut down.

I'm doing twice as much business as normal because everyone is home. I go from 6am until 11pm 7 days/week with something going on all the time.

My life story....hahaha

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
Damn this Fluhan, I want to visit Bob again! Heard the Diesis and was gobsmacked, the ease and effortlessness of the presentation has spoiled me—box speakers just seem to have to work so hard to squeeze out the notes (unless you're visiting MikeL's place). Now I'm pining to hear the Alsyvox and Bays (knowing the Alsyvox would have a better WAF).

gwalt

Jan 4, 2019
Congratulations Bob! Shows what might happen if the world slows down from outside home. I think if this mess is good for something it can teach us how to move in other directions and to expand our hearts and minds.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing