da Vinci AAS Gabriel turntable (limited edition) $59,750
(Aston-Martin onyx black finish)
Tonearm base $10,480
Tonearms (2): Grand Reference Grandezza (luxury ed.) $19,760/each
Cartridges: Grand Reference Grandezza Mono $7,530
Grand Reference Grandezza Stereo $7,730
Total da Vinci system: $105,250
[/B]

Steve - did you manage to retain any particular views on the Neodio digital system...or did anyone from Lamm or Wilson have any particular comments? From what i read, it excels at tonality/tonal density. Then detail and surprisingly detailed solid bass, perhaps not the full dynamic range of STahl-Tek Opus series.

Any feedback from anyone on WBF is welcome. I have been speaking with someone about the 2-box set, on the basis their advice is that it suits people who like Zanden (me) and vinyl but wish the detail of a DCS.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Thanks, Steve. I managed to find someone whom i know thru the Audiophile network who was there when they were playing both vinyl and the Neodio. I was surprised to hear it was not so impressive. In fact, this person advised me to keep my Zanden and keep holding out for a second-hand transport.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing