Kill Switch For Mobile Phones Coming Soon

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
I'm not worried about anyone stealing my phone. Nobody wants it and people laugh when they see me using it.

It's a heavy duty mil spec flip phone and all it does is make phone calls. I'm going to keep it until it is totally dead and beyond any and all repair.

I do find it hard to believe so many people have their phones stolen. I think they lose or break them and just report them as stolen. People just don't want to take responsibility for anything any more. It would also help curb actual thefts and breakages if people wouldn't walk moronically down the street holding and looking down at their phones. Keeping them in a pocket would do wonders reduce loss. It would also help if phone companies STOPPED offering insurance on cell phones. People would take better care of them. I know, I'm a cynic.

Last edited:

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
I don't know about the hologram, but yes, for the wrist watch phone in ten years.

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
What phones really need is a device that shuts them down when they begin to move more than 2-3 kph. Yes, a pain for poor passengers. They might have to actually carry on a conversation.

Tim

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing