Karan Acoustics Amps

Cadguy

Jan 13, 2022
Seeking opinions regarding Karan KA900 and KA2000 amps. From the little information I could find about them they seem to be on the warm side of neutral. Has anyone compared these two models to other brands. I'm thinking of using them with my Tidal Audio Piano G2s as an upgrade to my Electrocompaniet.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Me too, unfortunately i havent heard Karan myself yet .
Both Karan and the Lamm 1.2 ref hybrid have eluded me untill now

Marcus

Member Sponsor
Oct 5, 2012
You forgot about this thread…

Reading my post again I see I make a minor mistake. I had KAM 2000 not KAM 1200.

Choosing between KAM 900 and KAM 2000, I would definitely go for the 2000. One warning for all interested in these amps. They don’t pump bass like a lot of other amps, but they have extension, control, definition and more than enough power if you have a well balanced system.

Reactions: Cadguy and Golum

itay123

Mar 5, 2023
I switched from a set of -Karan: Kas600+kal reference mk3 to PILIUM
Worth a try if you have the option, my speakers at the time were WILSOM MAXX 2

Reactions: Cadguy

Cadguy

Jan 13, 2022
Thankyou for sharing your experiences with Karan amps, this is most helpful.

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
With a saddened heart, I'm writing this note that Mr. Milan Karan founder and designer of Karan Acoustics passed away today.
I hope his work and designs will continue to live and shine through his electronics across the world. R.I.P.

Marcus

Member Sponsor
Oct 5, 2012
RIP Milan.

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
From Too Loud (a publication from Croata):

Milan Karan, owner of the company Karan Acoustics and chief constructor, but above all a man with a big heart and spirit, has left us. When I read the message of Božidar Savi from Rotary Audi, in which he wrote that he lost a great friend this morning, I felt immense sadness in that one short sentence because I know how closely Milan Karan and Božidar Savi were connected, primarily privately, and then also in business.

I myself feel sadness because I had the opportunity to meet Milan Karan and I will never forget our meetings, especially the one when I came to Novi Sad, to the headquarters of Karan Acoustics, to do the Factory Tour. One day was enough for us to get to know each other better, but also for me to understand how I spend my time in the company of an extraordinary person, extremely warm and approachable.

As soon as you see some people, you feel that they radiate positive energy and kindness. Milan Karan was exactly like that. I will never forget his wide smile and the cheerfulness in his eyes. After just a few hours of hanging out, I got the impression that we had known each other for years, as if we were old friends. It just says how open and honest Milan Karan was.

The audiophile community will surely feel the sadness as well because they lost one of the best in the audio industry. Karan Acoustics has successfully established itself on a global scale and secured the status of the 'crème de la crème' of HIFI equipment manufacturers. This status is due to Milan Karan, who pushed the boundaries with his design and engineering ideas and solutions, thereby increasingly combining music and technology.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing