Just purchased a Dynavector 17DX

luxman38

Oct 26, 2018
I'm getting it installed on Tuesday. It's going on my Luxman PD-171. The phono is in my Luxman CL38U SE. I'm wondering how long the break in period will be. This is an upgrade over my current Dynavector 20XL2.

Reactions: Vienna

jimbones

Sep 1, 2018
Im told 50 hours is needed to break in. Let me know the differences between this and the 20X2L. I have a 20X2L and would consider upgrades.

luxman38

Oct 26, 2018
Im told 50 hours is needed to break in. Let me know the differences between this and the 20X2L. I have a 20X2L and would consider upgrades.
This cart is on a different level. Much more detail on the secondary background instruments and voices. Extremely quiet. Surface noise on a properly cleaned record is very good. Just like the 20xl2 it took about 50 Hours to break in. If you like the Dynavector sound you'll get more of it.

Reactions: RickS

jimbones

Sep 1, 2018
Nice. Question: It seems that generally speaking Dynavector is looked down upon by the high end community. It seems names Like Kiseki or Koetsu etc are highly regarded. I have a decent analog set up (VPI Classic 2, Art Audio Vinyl Reference, Modwright LS100 Pre, Wells audio amp. Im thinking putting in a3K cartridge may not be in line with the rest of my system. Thoughts?

luxman38

Oct 26, 2018
Nice. Question: It seems that generally speaking Dynavector is looked down upon by the high end community. It seems names Like Kiseki or Koetsu etc are highly regarded. I have a decent analog set up (VPI Classic 2, Art Audio Vinyl Reference, Modwright LS100 Pre, Wells audio amp. Im thinking putting in a3K cartridge may not be in line with the rest of my system. Thoughts?
The Karat 17DX is a totally new cart compared to it's previous models. I'm sure there are plenty of excellent carts out there. But I'm totally satisfied w/my Karat.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing