Jojo Rabbit (2019) / Trailer

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
interesting story line.......

Jojo is a lonely German boy who discovers that his single mother is hiding a Jewish girl in their attic. Aided only by his imaginary friend -- Adolf Hitler -- Jojo must confront his blind nationalism as World War II continues to rage on

MRQE rating of 73% which is decent

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I checked first if the trailer was posted, and then this film keeps popping up for best comedy, best adapted screenplay, picture, cinematography, production design, ...
I didn't know anything about it till only few days ago; I then started investigating ...
Jojo Rabbit
20191207_124937.jpg
When it comes to the Oscars next February I don't want to miss a beat with the Academy Award voters...in my few predictions (favorites and all) ...

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
We saw Jojo Rabbit yesterday. Better late than never.

This movie was a very different presentation and quite well done in my opinion.

Scarlett Johansson gave an excellent performance as Jojo's mother and Roman Griffin Davis was superb in the role of the young and impressionable Jojo. Hard to have sympathy for a Hitler-loving kid but he pulled it off.

Steve Williams

We saw Jojo Rabbit yesterday. Better late than never.

This movie was a very different presentation and quite well done in my opinion.

Scarlett Johansson gave an excellent performance as Jojo's mother and Roman Griffin Davis was superb in the role of the young and impressionable Jojo. Hard to have sympathy for a Hitler-loving kid but he pulled it off.

I have a difficult time wanting to see this film based on the theme no matter how good it is. The only one I’ve liked along a similar theme is QT’s Inglorious Basterds

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
It was a very different movie than I expected and much easier to digest compared to Tarantino's film.

Inglourious Basterds was more overtly violent, too.

There is comic relief that helps along the way, too. Quite a bit, actually.

Interesting perspective of German civilians during the last year of the war. The ending was sad but hopeful, too.

I thought it was worthwhile but YMMV.

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
Is Jojo Rabbit any relation to the Aussie band Jo Jo Zep & The Falcons?

Steve Williams

We saw it yesterday and you’re right YMMV. For me the only redeeming thing about the movie was the comic relief. I couldn’t believe that parts of if it made me smile and some even chuckle.

My wife was ready to walk out after the rabbit incident at the camp.

We stayed for it all.My recommendation is wait until it’s a rental or better yet wait until it’s free to watch

How Scarlet Johansson garners a Best Supporting nomination is beyond me as her entire screen time must be less than 10 minutes

I truly don’t understand how this got a Best Picture nomination, but then again others could say the same of me as I liked Inglorious Basterds

There are just too few things in this movie thatIMO were worth talking about other than the comic relief. BTW if you didn’t already know, the guy who played Adolf was Taika Waititi who was also the director of the film.

Thumb’s down for me and a huge thumbs down for my wife

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
That's interesting , Steve. Guess we definitely have a difference of opinion on this one.

My wife said that it was her favorite movie of the year.

I wouldn't have gone that far but I did think it was a good movie.

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Enjoyed this movie but not sure it's Oscar material.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing