Job 225

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Even more excellent feedback:

John:

As I sipped my morning coffee, yesterday's sonic magic continued even at a very low listening level. The Job 225 is so quiet that even the subtlest of audio queues burst forth from the blackness, and the resulting sound simply keeps you riveted. The cathedral ceiling certainly has a positive effect on the sound, but I think the Job is simply showing its stuff through ultra-revealing speakers (you should hear Jazz at the Pawnshop!). I, too, lost sleep last night because of this small, $1,700 gem. Go figure. Clearly, the Job will bring out the best from almost any speaker, but the magic it produces with horns is absolutely stunning. In any event, the sounds at the House of The Lord, a.k.a. the House of SWMBO, are unbelievably enjoyable. Thanks so much for making the trek to my home and for making yesterday's listening session one for the books. I look forward to a get-together in your home when your schedule permits (soon I hope). Regards, Bob.

egidius

Member Sponsor
Feb 13, 2011
Switzerland
job 230V?

No, I am the friend from Switzerland who made the amp recommendation. BOB in the US wrote me the email. He owns the Duos/A-Teknes and JOHN owns the amp.

..please correct me: We can't get the job, as I see it only in 115V direct retailed??

Egidius

egidius

Member Sponsor
Feb 13, 2011
Switzerland
gone..

..please correct me: We can't get the job, as I see it only in 115V direct retailed??

Egidius

Sorry for not reading the whole thread, checked out jobsys and saw it was sold out.
Are any of you affiliated with the company, and happen to know when the next lot will be available. Anyway, my newest toy, the Vacuum State DPA300B needs first attention.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Sorry for not reading the whole thread, checked out jobsys and saw it was sold out.
Are any of you affiliated with the company, and happen to know when the next lot will be available. Anyway, my newest toy, the Vacuum State DPA300B needs first attention.
No one affiliated, but I live near
by in Geneva PLO and know someone there I can get you on the alert list for new stock if you PM me your contact details We can talk when I get back after the holidays in the US. The Job 225 has universal voltage, but we in CH have to pay local vat...so better to pick up in France or Germany if possible. Hint, hint.

alexandrov

May 28, 2012
Sofia
I begin to wonder: what amps did you listen to before?! The Job 225 is good but not so much better than my HK990 :rolleyes:
There are two scenarios: I'm missing something with my Weiss DAC202 before and PSB Synchrony One after this amp OR HK990 is also really good and people here must give it a try :)

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
The HK is more expensive!

Also, perhaps it has better synergy with your speakers? Only you can tell.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
mep- did you ever try one out on the LS50s?

No, Keith, I didn't. I'm not in the market to buy one as I have a hard time believing the JOB will outperform my Krell KSA-250 on any level. I simply offered to listen to it and report back my findings if someone wants to ship one to me to listen to. Some people on this forum have 15-20 amps at any one time with the JOB being one of them. If they want to send me a JOB to listen to so I will report back my findings with the LS50 speakers, I would do that and pay return shipping.

joeling

Jan 8, 2014
Any idea how one might connect a high level subwoofer connection like a REL T5 to the JOB ? Noticed that the negative speaker terminals are not common

ozarktom

Jun 23, 2013
No, Keith, I didn't. I'm not in the market to buy one as I have a hard time believing the JOB will outperform my Krell KSA-250 on any level. I simply offered to listen to it and report back my findings if someone wants to ship one to me to listen to. Some people on this forum have 15-20 amps at any one time with the JOB being one of them. If they want to send me a JOB to listen to so I will report back my findings with the LS50 speakers, I would do that and pay return shipping.

Buddy of mine is seriosly considering the KEF LS 50's. He will be running the Job 225 amp on them. Did you read this review comparing the Job vs. 20K Krell Resolution One amps? Job amp will outperform a Krell in every area, including the bass.

http://www.soundandvision.com/content/review-job-225-stereo-amplifier?page=0,0

soundArgument

May 12, 2013
London
Buddy of mine is seriosly considering the KEF LS 50's. He will be running the Job 225 amp on them. Did you read this review comparing the Job vs. 20K Krell Resolution One amps? Job amp will outperform a Krell in every area, including the bass.

http://www.soundandvision.com/content/review-job-225-stereo-amplifier?page=0,0

I think the Krell Resolutions were the speakers the reviewer used. The Krell amp to which he compared the JOB was the S-300i integrated amp, which, I suspect, doesn't compare to the big Krell amps from the '80s and '90s.

Nonetheless, I wish someone would compare the JOB to the big Krells, the darTZeels, and, most of all, the high-slew-rate amps made by Spectral, FM Acoustics, and Technical Brain.

Such a test would be difficult to pull off, given the cost of all those amps. Only a truly insane gearhead would have all that stuff.

Last edited:

soundArgument

May 12, 2013
London
Any idea how one might connect a high level subwoofer connection like a REL T5 to the JOB ? Noticed that the negative speaker terminals are not common

Hmm, I thought about connecting my sub to the speaker terminals but decided against it. Do you have reason to believe that connecting the REL Neutrik cable will damage the amp?

ozarktom

Jun 23, 2013
Hmm, I thought about connecting my sub to the speaker terminals but decided against it. Do you have reason to believe that connecting the REL Neutrik cable will damage the amp?

I have another friend that is using the speaker binding posts on the Job and it works great on his Vaughn subs. He told me that is how REL recommends it.

ozarktom

Jun 23, 2013
I think the Krell Resolutions were the speakers the reviewer used. The Krell amp to which he compared the JOB was the S-300i integrated amp, which, I suspect, doesn't compare to the big Krell amps from the '80s and '90s.

Nonetheless, I wish someone would compare the JOB to the big Krells, the darTZeels, and, most of all, the high-slew-rate amps made by Spectral, FM Acoustics, and Technical Brain.

Such a test would be difficult to pull off, given the cost of all those amps. Only a truly insane gearhead would have all that stuff.

I have compared the job to 12k Ncore amps and 10k SET amps, the Job has more transparency and clarity.

joeling

Jan 8, 2014
I have another friend that is using the speaker binding posts on the Job and it works great on his Vaughn subs. He told me that is how REL recommends it.

There are 2 schemes for connecting the 3 leads of the REL high level signal connector

First method is via 2 leads to the respective positive terminals & the last lead to the common negative speaker terminal

Second scheme is similar except that the negative lead is connected to chassis ground.

The JOB does not seem to have common negative terminal which leads me to thinks perhaps one needs to use the second scheme.

Incidentally, right now the JOB is hooked up to a pair of LS50 in a near field setting. Linestage is a Leben.

Quite nice.

Regards,
Joe Long

ozarktom

Jun 23, 2013
Incidentally, right now the JOB is hooked up to a pair of LS50 in a near field setting. Linestage is a Leben.

Quite nice.

Regards,
Joe Long

Thank Joe. The other ones he was considering with his Job amp is the Gallo Strada II's. Any thoughts on that combo?

joeling

Jan 8, 2014
Sorry no experience with Gallo

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing