Job 225

100 hours? Most of the praises in internet begin just after the purchase :)

I have never heard any amp out of the box, at any price, sound the same as it will after a few hundred hours. This is no exception. I didn't think the Job sounded great out of the box but it did sound great to me after X hours....not really sure how many hours. Others may have loved it "out of the box", I was not one of those people.

Even if the amplifier is broken in, it needs to be left "on" for at least 24 hrs. to sound its best.

Even if the amplifier is broken in, it needs to be left "on" for at least 24 hrs. to sound its best.

is there a technical explanation of that?
I have similar experience, few years ago I've noticed that after some days of non-stop working the amplifier of my electrostatic headphones sounded much different (better?).

I have never heard any amp out of the box, at any price, sound the same as it will after a few hundred hours. This is no exception. I didn't think the Job sounded great out of the box but it did sound great to me after X hours....not really sure how many hours. Others may have loved it "out of the box", I was not one of those people.
Job 225 has a reputation of giant killer, but I've never seen anyone to mention a giant, killed by this amp :)
Have you compared it to something much more expensive?

is there a technical explanation of that?
I have similar experience, few years ago I've noticed that after some days of non-stop working the amplifier of my electrostatic headphones sounded much different (better?).

Not really :)Some is thermal stability, but that shouldn't take 24 hrs. I'm open to other explanations. FWIW, I hear the same thing with digital gear too.

Job 225 has a reputation of giant killer, but I've never seen anyone to mention a giant, killed by this amp :)
Have you compared it to something much more expensive?

Hi Alexadrov, I'm not one to compare as I don't even own a 225. I have had the opportunity to listen to a few new ones right out of the box that sounded ok, but nothing special. I have heard several examples that were broken in with a hundred or few hundred hours on them. Then the story changes. I personally don't relate to "better" etc. There is so much personal preference involved as well as system matching, room etc. but there is no doubt about it, that if driven within it's comfort zone the 225 can be placed into a very expensive system and hold it's own. It's a really great sounding amp at a reasonable price, that's about all that I know about it.

Hi Alexadrov, I'm not one to compare as I don't even own a 225. I have had the opportunity to listen to a few new ones right out of the box that sounded ok, but nothing special. I have heard several examples that were broken in with a hundred or few hundred hours on them. Then the story changes. I personally don't relate to "better" etc. There is so much personal preference involved as well as system matching, room etc. but there is no doubt about it, that if driven within it's comfort zone the 225 can be placed into a very expensive system and hold it's own. It's a really great sounding amp at a reasonable price, that's about all that I know about it.

I've had some great gear, but love my Job 225.

Another falls under the spell:

John brought one of his Job 225 amps today for an afternoon listening session. Since my system is down and my listening room is a work in progress, I put the Avantgardes in the living room, driven by a Sony CD player, and linked with some cables from my stash. OMG!!! Without virtually any tending to vibration control, room acoustics, or whatever else we audiophiles spend our time and money pursuing (no Lampy), we achieved the best sound we have heard. The Job amp is a masterpiece! John left the amp here, citing it would be a crime to remove it from the system. I am ordering a Job 225 tomorrow and John is on the lookout for some Duo's. The synergy between the Job and Duo's is incredible. The Job amp is a "must hear" product. I've never heard anything like it. I guess some guy in Switzerland should be thanked for the referral. Lol! Thanks, Norman!

If Job made monoblocks with balanced inputs, I'd be done and so would many other manufacturers. Thanks for posting that Norman.

No probs. I forgot to say he normally uses Audio Tekne tube amps to drive the Duos.

John brought one of his Job 225 amps today for an afternoon listening session. Since my system is down and my listening room is a work in progress, I put the Avantgardes in the living room, driven by a Sony CD player, and linked with some cables from my stash. OMG!!! Without virtually any tending to vibration control, room acoustics, or whatever else we audiophiles spend our time and money pursuing (no Lampy), we achieved the best sound we have heard. The Job amp is a masterpiece! John left the amp here, citing it would be a crime to remove it from the system. I am ordering a Job 225 tomorrow and John is on the lookout for some Duo's. The synergy between the Job and Duo's is incredible. The Job amp is a "must hear" product. I've never heard anything like it. I guess some guy in Switzerland should be thanked for the referral. Lol! Thanks, Norman!

No probs. I forgot to say he normally uses Audio Tekne tube amps to drive the Duos.

who does? I'm confused, I thought you tried the job on your duos?

He being John in the above posts uses normally Audio Tekne amps on his Avantgarde Duo speakers but will now be using the Job 225 and his friend is looking for Duo speakers and wants to use the same combo (Job + Avantgarde).

He being John in the above posts uses normally Audio Tekne amps on his Avantgarde Duo speakers but will now be using the Job 225 and his friend is looking for Duo speakers and wants to use the same combo (Job + Avantgarde).

But it seems the listening happened at wisnon's place :confused:
so does wisnon also have Avantgardes or did John bring his around as well as the Job?

No, I am the friend from Switzerland who made the amp recommendation. BOB in the US wrote me the email. He owns the Duos/A-Teknes and JOHN owns the amp.

This sounds like a version of "Who's on First?"

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing