JCAT XACT IN THEHOUSE

celebrat

Apr 21, 2023
New Hampshire USA
Hello Everyone. This is my first post here. I have found a place in my listening room for the JCAT Xact S1 Server/Player. I have only had for 2 days. In that short amount of time, I have discovered nuances in the music I love. If I have to descibe what I am hearing in a few words, I would say Open, Rich, Dynamic, Revealing. Previosly using ROON, I am somewhat unfamiliar with the operation of JPALY and still on a learning curve. I am a limited user of PC and a new user to the world of Apple iPad. Suffice to say user interface is surprisingly simple. Marcin included a few tracks and albums on the 4TB SSD and music SQ I am hearing is revelatory and astounding. I just subscribed to to Qobuz yesterday. While not a big fan of streaming, I must say that the sound is superb. Not quite the level of what I am hearing on the local storage, but better than my previos streaming encounters and deemed worthy enough to be considered.

To those of you who have explored JPLAY, and JCAT through their NET Card, various Optimo linear supplies, and server upgrades, the XACT S1 is everything Marcin says he has learned in more than a decade. I beleive him. I must say upfront, other than being a client in the USA, I have no other affiliation with JCAT, JPLAY or Marcin.

While not inexpensive, neither is TAIKO or Aurender. and many others. I am not familar with TAIKO, but I am with Aurender. For me it is is all about SQ. Let me say now that Xact S1 more than holds its own to any server/player I have encountered. It deserves to be considered when looking at this high level of digital playback. Bit are Bits, but how they get to your ears is where the science & Art truly resides.

As I get more familiar, I hope to give you more information but now I have to figure out how to move my music files to the Xact. Thank you for reading. I hope you find it helpful.

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
Welcome to the forum celebrat! It's nice to hear that you've found value in streaming. What services were you using in your previous encounters?

celebrat

Apr 21, 2023
New Hampshire USA
Hi ifi - Thanks
I really do not do too much streaming and still don't. I have aboout 10TB music files and usually use those. I tried Tidal for a couple of months and did not see the value. I do stream fromYoutube primarliy video. I also use Youtube music in my car. i signed up for Qobuz so I had some music before I copy files to the Xact S1.

matthias

Mar 14, 2019
Germany
Maybe it is appropriate to open a third or forth XACT thread with duplicated posts on WBF ? :cool:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Republicoftexas69

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
Hi ifi - Thanks
I really do not do too much streaming and still don't. I have aboout 10TB music files and usually use those. I tried Tidal for a couple of months and did not see the value. I do stream fromYoutube primarliy video. I also use Youtube music in my car. i signed up for Qobuz so I had some music before I copy files to the Xact S1.

10TB is quite an amount! Must be an amazing collection. Have you tried MQA while using Tidal? :)

celebrat

Apr 21, 2023
New Hampshire USA
Hi AMR iFi
Thank you. It is a fantastic collection if I do say so myself. It is primarily CD rips and Hi-Rez downloads. Have not used Tidal. Just recently subscribed to Qobuz on Marcin of JCAT and JPLAY's recommendation. I beleive in streaming now after my Xact S1 is here.

celebrat

Apr 21, 2023
New Hampshire USA
Hi AMR iFi
Thank you. It is a fantastic collection if I do say so myself. It is primarily CD rips and Hi-Rez downloads. Have not used Tidal. Just recently subscribed to Qobuz on Marcin of JCAT and JPLAY's recommendation. I beleive in streaming now after my Xact S1 is here.
Also, that GO pod may make it to my home sometime soon. I do like iFi products and that looks awesome. ;)

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
Pardon my ignorance but what is an IEM?
As the user above me explained - In-Ear Monitors! :) They're similar in nature to regular earphones, except, generally speaking, they go deeper inside your ear canal, usually with a silicone or foam tip at the end. The GO pod is a great solution if you want to take wired IEMs and make them wireless while enhancing sound quality and ergonomics. If you don't own any IEMs currently, right now you can order the GO pod with a pair included - offerings from 64 Audio, Meze, Craft Ears, Symphonium, and Westone are now available for purchase in a bundle :)

https://ifi-audio.com/products/go-pod/

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing