Jadis Monoblock Amplifiers

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
While it might be part of their sound

This is, definitely, an unavoidable question/concern.
there are some capacitors in Jadis I'd swap out in a hurry, and you would gain a bit of what was lost back.

Those big blue ones? They don't look super fancy. . .

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
(...) It's very obvious Jadis has less feedback based on measurements. While it might be part of their sound there are some capacitors in Jadis I'd swap out in a hurry, and you would gain a bit of what was lost back.

But than you would sacrifice the "Jadis sound" in the technology's table ...

There was a lot of debate on Jadis design choices, even in old WBF threads. IMO they are one of the most misunderstood brands.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
This is, definitely, an unavoidable question/concern.

Those big blue ones? They don't look super fancy. . .

The blue ones might be fine. They're not cheap cans. The issue is at some voltages there just aren't any options. IME seeking the highest C rating however isn't the clear winner for sound - it just isn't a factor that does or does not make good sound. It's more about some of the film caps. I'd have to study the circuit but I see some I consider overly bland.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
But than you would sacrifice the "Jadis sound" in the technology's table ...

There was a lot of debate on Jadis design choices, even in old WBF threads. IMO they are one of the most misunderstood brands.

Na. They don't use anything far enough from anything else that I'd call it signature defining.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Would you guys take JA120 over VAC Signature 200iq monos ?

gadawg58

Apr 7, 2018
NOT with your speakers, I would not ...I would not take VAC 200 either though, but for personal sonic preferences. If u go VAC 200, I d only go with the mono variant.
What do you not like about the VAC 200? Just curious as I know sonic preferences are very personal ... just curious as to what you are hearing that you don't like?

Thanks!

George

AudioLibertarian

Dec 25, 2017
NEW YORK CITY
NOT with your speakers, I would not ...

What do you not like about the VAC 200? Just curious as I know sonic preferences are very personal ... just curious as to what you are hearing that you don't like?

Thanks!

George
I don't find KT-88, or its variants particularly "musical" to my preferences... Yes, these tubes in some designs have more power, and drive, and slam, and MIGHT drive some speakers with difficult loads (like Wilsons & Thiels) well, but to me most of that tube family lacks textural liquidity, and naturalness that I find in the the well designed amps using EL-34, or 845 tubes. I ve heard exceptions however, like the new Conrad Johnson line of amps , but that is also very system specific. Naturally the above is strictly my experience & preferences.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Well since i live 3 hours away from the Jadis factory why not try.
I will try to borrow a DA88S integrated just to hear how that sounds on my speakers vs SS class A.
If it's really good i could try monoblocks later on.

Reactions: Zappadaddy

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Ok guys i'll be demoing a DA88S very soon on my Thiels, first tube amp i will try since i have the 3.7s

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing